By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Trouble with Wii U Port of Mighty No. 9?

Welp.

Better get the PS4 version.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

He probably meant to say that they specs weren't helpful enough to make the game on a small budget. This game, project treasure, Devils third, and fast racing neo may be the best upcoming third party games the Wii u has (as sad as that is). So if this one misses the Wii u, that would actually suck

i don't think he means the power. I think he means the architecture. the ps4 and xb1 run incredably similar to a pc. This makes most games pretty easy to port from a pc. Porting to the wii-u would logically be much more difficult. If they delayed the release it would probably be easier. He does say that it is turning out nicely so i'm really not too worried. Might be making a mountain out of a mole hill. the fact a different team is porting the game does bum me out though. That makes it sound like inti creates has never done a wii u game and probably never will at this point.

what's more dissapointing than this news is the lack of a wiiu collectors edition. i had planned on getting it on wiiu, but when i saw i got a beck figurine with the ps4 collector's edition i had to go that route.

It might be the off-tv play that they were having trouble with. I can't imagine they would have trouble with a game that looks like that.

Around the Network

It's always interesting to me that so many people only think about how a game looks when someone talks about technical specifications. Aren't things like level size and the number of simultaneous events on screen more important?

Yet the 3DS and Vita versions worked. Yeah, sure.

pokoko said:
It's always interesting to me that so many people only think about how a game looks when someone talks about technical specifications. Aren't things like level size and the number of simultaneous events on screen more important?

Umm, and why do you think stuff like that would be a problem? It's running on the Vita and 3DS, right? Or are those more powerful than the WiiU? lol.

pokoko said:

Trust me, this game has nothing on Yoshi's Woolly World which has a lot of interaction between the back- and foreground.

One of many examples in the game.

spemanig said:
I mean, it's pretty ugly on all systems.

Is not ugly. Is simple.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)