By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Trouble with Wii U Port of Mighty No. 9?

Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

Have you seen the game? I've seen better looking kickstarter projects with 1/10th of the money raised.

Even the gameplay is quite bland and boring. I played a couple of levels from this game and if this is what Mega Man is like than I'm glad I never played a Mega Man game.

How many projects does Inafune have currently? I doubt all that money went on the game alone. Making anime games from unproven KS games is just one big WTF.

With you, you've made it clear throughout the years that everything looks like crap (or is worse, one way or an other) when it's not made by Nintendo or exclusive to their consoles. 

So forgive me if I don't give more importance to what you think about that kind of things.

Here, you take for granted that the way the graphics look should mean the game should have no problem being ported to the Wii U. But obviously, the graphics isn't what's holding it back, since it's also coming to the 360 and PS3. So obviously, the problems they had is with the architecture of the console. Maybe they simply lack expertise with it, or maybe they're trying to use its features and it gave them problem keeping the performance to a certain level... Who knows. But the way you jump at them, and simply trash the developers and the game is rather typical of you.

Bash now, try to understand something later. Right?

Any proof for this personal attack? Isn't this sort of thing against the rules? One of my favorite Wii U games is Batman: Arkham City, so that's quite a fail on your part already. I also detest the NSMB series because of the ugly graphical style and unoriginal level design. That's your second fail already. Third, did you read my review on Nintendo's E3? Third fail, strike, you're out!

I've played this game, have you? It's a generic 2D shoot em' up game with very basic platforming and ugly graphics. If this wasn't made by the Mega Man creator I doubt anyone would give a shit about this game.

If you want to play a 2D shooter with platforming just play Anoter Metroid II Remake. At least that one's free.

Oh and if you read my first post, you see that I asked if he meant engine instead of specs. Bash now, that's your motto alright. Think first please.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7412313

Here you go, the post you so conveniently ignored.

Around the Network

Hmm, I wonder what the issue was. Maybe it needed to be changed drastically, which may have caused issues when changing it to work on the Wii U..

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

MohammadBadir said:
Yet the 3DS and Vita versions worked. Yeah, sure.

Who is making the Wii U version?  Keep in mind Abstraction Games are handling the Vita port, a company who have had a lot of experience on the platform so likely know what to cut and where to make it run.

I'm not sure who's making the 3DS version though - according to this article it's Engine Software, and apparently the game has been delayed because they're struggling to make it run.  So not a problem localized to Wii U, at least.

(Worth noting that the PSV version doesn't have a confirmed release date either, so that one may well be delayed to infinity too)

RolStoppable said:
Samus Aran said:

One of my favorite Wii U games is Batman: Arkham City, 

This statement justifies all personal attacks on you. And by all, I mean in the past, present and the future.

It's Metroid for noobs, what's to hate about it? :p

Although one lame thing I discovered is that Batman doesn't kill anyone. Man, why do they make superheroes so lame?

Samus Aran said:

Any proof for this personal attack? Isn't this sort of thing against the rules? One of my favorite Wii U games is Batman: Arkham City, so that's quite a fail on your part already. I also detest the NSMB series because of the ugly graphical style and unoriginal level design. That's your second fail already. Third, did you read my review on Nintendo's E3? Third fail, strike, you're out!

I've played this game, have you? It's a generic 2D shoot em' up game with very basic platforming and ugly graphics. If this wasn't made by the Mega Man creator I doubt anyone would give a shit about this game.

If you want to play a 2D shooter with platforming just play Anoter Metroid II Remake. At least that one's free.

Oh and if you read my first post, you see that I asked if he meant engine instead of specs. Bash now, that's your motto alright. Think first please.

I could go on and on digging comments from you that fall perfectly in line with what I said. I knew you were going to reply in this manner. Since because you don't love everything from Nintendo, it must mean that what I said is wrong (rolleyes). Yet your posting history makes it clear what I pointed out applies in most cases.

Far from me the belief that you'd react any other way though.

But that's beside the point. You went on about the game looking like crap and bashing the developer for no reason. That's also against the rules. Although i can't go and call it as what it is, because pointing that out is also against the rules, funny enough. 

As for your comment, what if it's about the specs? Specs aren't just about raw power. It's also about the architecture as a whole. Which could clash with the way the game was made in the first place. There might be a lot of tweaks that need to be made to make it work with the way the Wii U is built. Could be that they want to use the second screen for something and it affects the overall performance of the game. Could be many other things.

But keep bashing the game. It suits you better.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

I could go on and on digging comments from you that fall perfectly in line with what I said. I knew you were going to reply in this manner. Since because you don't love everything from Nintendo, it must mean that what I said is wrong (rolleyes). Yet your posting history makes it clear what I pointed out applies in most cases.

But that's beside the point. You went on about the game looking like crap and bashing the developer for no reason. That's also against the rules. Although i can't go and call it as what it is, because pointing that out is also against the rules, funny enough. 

As for your comment, what if it's about the specs? Specs aren't just about raw power. It's also about the architecture as a whole. Which could clash with the way the game was made in the first place. There might be a lot of tweaks that need to be made to make it work with the way the Wii U is built. Could be that they want to use the second screen for something and it affects the overall performance of the game. Could be many other things.

I explained why I think the game is bad. I played the demo levels at a friend's house who's a backer. The game is soo generic that it's boring. Nothing about it is unique or fresh, the game doesn't have an identity of its own. It's Gunvolt meets Mega Man. I'm sure it will get good reviews because it's "Mega Man". There are plenty of levels on youtube already, does any of it really excite you? Where's all the crazy action like in DKC: TF? The levels feel sterile, lifeless and bland. Where's the back- and foreground interaction one would expect from a modern day 2.5D platformer? It's just not there. In fact a lot of the background assets are repeated ad nauseam.

You wouldn't even be defending this game if it wasn't made by the Mega Man creator.

If a game looks bad, I'll say so, no matter who made it. That includes Miyamoto *cough* Star Fox *cough*

When he says "spec" wise... hes not talking about the power of the Wii U is he?
Because Mighty No 9 is a simple looking 2D sidescroller.

It must be about getting the gamepad to work with it, programming on a ppc cpu, stuff like that right?

Samus Aran said:
Hynad said:

I explained why I think the game is bad. I played the demo levels at a friend's house who's a backer. The game is soo generic that it's boring. Nothing about it is unique or fresh, the game doesn't have an identity of its own. It's Gunvolt meets Mega Man. I'm sure it will get good reviews because it's "Mega Man". There are plenty of levels on youtube already, does any of it really excite you? Where's all the crazy action like in DKC: TF? The levels feel sterile, lifeless and bland. Where's the back- and foreground interaction one would expect from a modern day 2.5D platformer? It's just not there. In fact a lot of the background assets are repeated ad nauseam.

You wouldn't even be defending this game if it wasn't made by the Mega Man creator.

If a game looks bad, I'll say so, no matter who made it. That includes Miyamoto *cough* Star Fox *cough*

Mighty No.9 isn't meant to be 2.5D. It's gameplay is all 2D, and it's true to the essence of Megaman. 

When it comes to games going "by the formula", you can't really go with a better example than DKC:TF. It's a good game, but nothing to write about when it comes to pushing the genre ahead. I have the game, so that must mean I know very well what I'm talking about. 

I don't care about Megaman and Inafune. Never did, most likely never will. 

Now, the way the game looks to you has nothing to do with the topic here. You're just bashing the game and the developer for no reason at this point.

JRPGfan said:
When he says "spec" wise... hes not talking about the power of the Wii U is he?
Because Mighty No 9 is a simple looking 2D sidescroller.

It must be about getting the gamepad to work with it, programming on a ppc cpu, stuff like that right?

They could just disable the second screen if they wanted to, even Retro Studios did that (unless you play on gamepad screen only of course). No one is saying they should use the gamepad for something unique.

Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

Mighty No.9 isn't meant to be 2.5D. It's gameplay is all 2D, and it's true to the essence of Megaman. 

When it comes to games going "by the formula", you can't really go with a better example than DKC:TF. It's a good game, but nothing to write about when it comes to pusshing the genre ahead. I have the game, so that must mean I know very well what I'm talking about. 

I don't care about Megaman and Inafune. Never did, most likely never will. 

Now, the way the game looks to you has nothing to do with the topic here. You're just bashing the game and the developer for no reason at this point.

Pretty much every level in DKC: TF tried to change up the formula, very rarely were levels too similar.

Mighty No. 9 is 2.5D but it makes poor use of it. Original Mega Man was 2D because 2.5D games weren't possible during that era. I fail to see how that is the essence of Mega Man, sounds like a poor excuse to not innovate in the franchise to me. They could do a lot of crazy shit with back- and foreground interaction. Every level I played in the beta of Mighty No. 9 felt the same and that's not something you want in a game. I gave plenty of reasons, you just keep dismissing them without reason.

I can describe most levels in DKC: TF with just a couple of key words and you'd know what level I'm talking about. Let's test it out:

- Giant squid (or is it an octopus, no clue lol)

- Bouncing jelly

- Inside the beehive

- Fruit factory

- Rocket and cheese

- Hurricane alert

- Forest on fire

- Breaking ice

- Minekarts and... saws?!!

- Excuse me, but where is the floor in this level?

- Popsicle factory

- Dynamite and ice make for an explosive cocktail.

- Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin'... in a giant snowball?!!