By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Trouble with Wii U Port of Mighty No. 9?

Hynad said:
Nuvendil said:
Qwark said:
Nuvendil said:
Uuuuuh if they can't get THAT to run on the Wii U, I'm sorry but they suck at their job. I can understand CARS and other big titles and such but this isn't even impressive for its genre.

That and Nintendo made an impossible system for any third party to develop for

I have a hard time believing that.  Arkham Knight runs well, so does FAST Racing Neo.  Need for Speed Most Wanted on Wii U is better than on the 360  and PS3.  Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut is good.  Fact of the matter is, most devs at this stage are either lazy or don't see the Wii U as a worthwhile investment of time, resources, or money.  For this game, I think it's quite simple:  the party behind this game has far over stretched themselves.   But I will stand by what I said:  if you really try and put in the resources but can't get this game to run - a game which isn't impressive even by 360 and ps3 games of similar genre - on Wii U, then you simply have a deficiency of tallent.  This game presents no significant challenges from builds we've seen.  It's that simple.

Did they say they couldn't make the game run on the Wii U?

No, they didn't.  They said they were having problems with it.  But I'm just going on the record that if they drop it for "technical reasons" like other dev's have done with other games, I'm calling bull.  As it stands, we'll wait and see if they *actually* put in effor or lazily ripped the 360 version and dropped it on Wii U buggy and unoptimized.  Here's hoping they don't do that. 

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:

And I agree, this is just them not investing.  I disagree that it's a bad idea; this is the exact kind of game that could make money on Wii U.  But the real issue is that the company behind Mighty No9 is doing too much too fast:  animated series, all these platforms, etc.  It's just too much.

Don't forget the freaking live action movie they just announced:

http://nintendoeverything.com/mighty-no-9-live-action-movie-announced/

The game isn't even out yet and they are doing this. This is getting ridiculous.

midrange said:
Samus Aran said:

2 veterans out of more than 100 people lol. Comcept is nothing but old Mega Man developers.

Wii U isnt hard to develop for, just different.

DKC: TF and Yoshi's Woolly World are definitely my 2D platformers of this generation. I don't see why I should settle for less.

You missed the main point where having veterans doesn't make a company's game good, or do you believe destiny to be the greatest game of all time given bungie's involvement.

the Wii u being different is the cause for difficulties. Everyone has to spend time and money to adapt to your system just so you can be different. That's precisely why the ps4 moved away from the cell.

way to use 2 games with larger budgets, dedicated solely for the Wii u, and made by the company who designed the console as the benchmark for an indie title making a game on 10 platforms. Nintendo made the Wii u and gave their developers first priority, no one is going to spend more money to catch up to Nintendo when the ps4 and Xbox one are better alternatives. You deciding to "not settle for less" is exactly why third parties struggle on the Wii u. Because you think that if it doesn't have the nintendo logo, it won't be good and that the developers are lazy.

Then why am I looking forward to Fast Racing Neo and Yooka-Laylee? Two indie games that look very promising.

Buth hey, if you think that graphics like that are acceptable for a modern game then so much the better for you.

Samus Aran said:
midrange said:

You missed the main point where having veterans doesn't make a company's game good, or do you believe destiny to be the greatest game of all time given bungie's involvement.

the Wii u being different is the cause for difficulties. Everyone has to spend time and money to adapt to your system just so you can be different. That's precisely why the ps4 moved away from the cell.

way to use 2 games with larger budgets, dedicated solely for the Wii u, and made by the company who designed the console as the benchmark for an indie title making a game on 10 platforms. Nintendo made the Wii u and gave their developers first priority, no one is going to spend more money to catch up to Nintendo when the ps4 and Xbox one are better alternatives. You deciding to "not settle for less" is exactly why third parties struggle on the Wii u. Because you think that if it doesn't have the nintendo logo, it won't be good and that the developers are lazy.

Then why am I looking forward to Fast Racing Neo and Yooka-Laylee? Two indie games that look very promising.

Buth hey, if you think that graphics like that are acceptable for a modern game then so much the better for you.

Because one has been in development solely for the Wii u for a long time, and the other is just plain good.

I don't get why you are trying to compare different games, with different art styles, with different developers, with different circumstances. That's like saying splatoon is shit compared to the highly rated Rayman legends. I'm sorry they didn't give your console version of choice more money, time, and attention compared to the other versions, but there is more to it than them being "lazy."

If every indie dev is able to make donkey kong tropical freeze type games, then Nintendo must be a shitty dev since their level of games match the level that should be expected of indie devs (by your logic).

midrange said:
Samus Aran said:

Because one has been in development solely for the Wii u for a long time, and the other is just plain good.

I don't get why you are trying to compare different games, with different art styles, with different developers, with different circumstances. That's like saying splatoon is shit compared to the highly rated Rayman legends. I'm sorry they didn't give your console version of choice more money, time, and attention compared to the other versions, but there is more to it than them being "lazy."

If every indie dev is able to make donkey kong tropical freeze type games, then Nintendo must be a shitty dev since their level of games match the level that should be expected of indie devs (by your logic).

This game looks bad on all versions. Not sure what the term "indie devs" has to do with quality. These are all experienced developers.

Stop hiding behind excuses and stop acting like I only care about Nintendo. You're not very good at reading people.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
midrange said:

This game looks bad on all versions. Not sure what the term "indie devs" has to do with quality. These are all experienced developers.

Stop hiding behind excuses and stop acting like I only care about Nintendo. You're not very good at reading people.

the game looks fine, I don't know why you are bashing it. Because you have seen better is not really a good reason. 

Am I suddenly hiding behind excuses for pondering why a developer may be having trouble with a port? Am, I wrong to not jump to conclusions and call them "lazy" and "incompetent"

And I linked you to Nintendo since you often like to use Nintendo's games as benchmarks for whether a game is good or whether a developer is trying, despite the fact that Nintendo will always have an advantage in making games on the wii u.

midrange said:
Samus Aran said:

the game looks fine, I don't know why you are bashing it. Because you have seen better is not really a good reason. 

Am I suddenly hiding behind excuses for pondering why a developer may be having trouble with a port? Am, I wrong to not jump to conclusions and call them "lazy" and "incompetent"

And I linked you to Nintendo since you often like to use Nintendo's games as benchmarks for whether a game is good or whether a developer is trying, despite the fact that Nintendo will always have an advantage in making games on the wii u.

Because this game doesn't look fine for 2015 standards. I used Nintendo as an example as I can't think of any other good 2.5D platformers this generation. And I said 2.5D for a reason, so I did not forget about Ori and Rayman Legends.

Samus Aran said:
midrange said:

Because this game doesn't look fine for 2015 standards. I used Nintendo as an example as I can't think of any other good 2.5D platformers this generation. And I said 2.5D for a reason, so I did not forget about Ori and Rayman Legends.

An indie game with substantially far less budget than rayman legends and donkey kong country, does not have to measure up to 2015 standards. Unless you compare it to actual 2.5d indie games, then there really isn't much of a standard to compare it too. Besides, it's an indie platformer, who cares whether it looks golden or not. It's not like this is a 3d open world or realistic shooter or something

midrange said:
Samus Aran said:

An indie game with substantially far less budget than rayman legends and donkey kong country, does not have to measure up to 2015 standards. Unless you compare it to actual 2.5d indie games, then there really isn't much of a standard to compare it too. Besides, it's an indie platformer, who cares whether it looks golden or not. It's not like this is a 3d open world or realistic shooter or something

Look up Divinity: Original Sin.

Stop hiding behind the indie game excuse.

Samus Aran said:
midrange said:

Look up Divinity: Original Sin.

Stop hiding behind the indie game excuse.

Are you going to keep bashing the game and its dev until the end of time?

Do you even know why you're still doing it at this point?