By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Trouble with Wii U Port of Mighty No. 9?

Samus Aran said:
midrange said:

I was referring to comcept............

and inafune is a veteran in the games industry, but I don't remember a single wii u title he worked on, do you?

Given how the game is coming out to 10 different platforms, while also having a limited team wouldn't it make sense that it wouldn't look nearly as great as wii u exclusive indies. But that doesn't mean their lazy, they're just working under different circumstances.

I don't remember a single PS4 game he worked on, do you? Comcept is also filled with veterans of the industry.

Look at Playtonic Games, their game looks better after only 3 months of work.

Ever since Sony moved away from the cell, their hardware has been less customized and waaay easier to develop for (unlike wii u).

Big red button entertainment also has veterans (naughty dog veterans too), but that doesn't mean that whatever they touch will be good, especially when working on the Wii u.

Playtonic games is making a good looking game no doubt? Does that make every other indie developer shit, no it doesn't. It just means that Playtonic is making a good game

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Nuvendil said:
Uuuuuh if they can't get THAT to run on the Wii U, I'm sorry but they suck at their job. I can understand CARS and other big titles and such but this isn't even impressive for its genre.

That and Nintendo made an impossible system for any third party to develop for

Sure Nintendo didn't help with Wii U architecture, but for a game like Mighty Nº9 this can't be a problem. If Wii U can run others 2D plat like Donkey Kong and Rayman perfectly, this game for sure won't have any problem

Click HERE and be happy 

midrange said:
Samus Aran said:

I don't remember a single PS4 game he worked on, do you? Comcept is also filled with veterans of the industry.

Look at Playtonic Games, their game looks better after only 3 months of work.

Ever since Sony moved away from the cell, their hardware has been less customized and waaay easier to develop for (unlike wii u).

Big red button entertainment also has veterans (naughty dog veterans too), but that doesn't mean that whatever they touch will be good, especially when working on the Wii u.

Playtonic games is making a good looking game no doubt? Does that make every other indie developer shit, no it doesn't. It just means that Playtonic is making a good game

2 veterans out of more than 100 people lol. Comcept is nothing but old Mega Man developers.

Wii U isnt hard to develop for, just different.

DKC: TF and Yoshi's Woolly World are definitely my 2D platformers of this generation. I don't see why I should settle for less.

Qwark said:
Nuvendil said:
Uuuuuh if they can't get THAT to run on the Wii U, I'm sorry but they suck at their job. I can understand CARS and other big titles and such but this isn't even impressive for its genre.

I have a hard time believing that.  Arkham Knight runs well, so does FAST Racing Neo.  Need for Speed Most Wanted on Wii U is better than on the 360  and PS3.  Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut is good.  Fact of the matter is, most devs at this stage are either lazy or don't see the Wii U as a worthwhile investment of time, resources, or money.  For this game, I think it's quite simple:  the party behind this game has far over stretched themselves.   But I will stand by what I said:  if you really try and put in the resources but can't get this game to run - a game which isn't impressive even by 360 and ps3 games of similar genre - on Wii U, then you simply have a deficiency of tallent.  This game presents no significant challenges from builds we've seen.  It's that simple.

EricFabian said:
Qwark said:

Sure Nintendo didn't help with Wii U architecture, but for a game like Mighty Nº9 this can't be a problem. If Wii U can run others 2D plat like Donkey Kong and Rayman perfectly, this game for sure won't have any problem

Those are made by way bigger studios though and where or are exclusive for Wii U, I agree a 2d platformer shouldn´t be a problem but yet it is, well perhaps Nintendo learns something from this, Watch dogs and Project cars. Simply if they want some third party support they need to have an easy to develop for machine which has enough power to run lower budget games which aren´t optimised or sell a ton of consoles and devs will adapt like with the PS3.

This game runs on UE3, but this engine is barely optimised in any way for WII U, PS4 or Xone the latter 2 are powerful enough not to have any problems the U doesn´t. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Qwark said:
Nuvendil said:

I have a hard time believing that.  Arkham Knight runs well, so does FAST Racing Neo.  Need for Speed Most Wanted on Wii U is better than on the 360  and PS3.  Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut is good.  Fact of the matter is, most devs at this stage are either lazy or don't see the Wii U as a worthwhile investment of time, resources, or money.  For this game, I think it's quite simple:  the party behind this game has far over stretched themselves.   But I will stand by what I said:  if you really try and put in the resources but can't get this game to run - a game which isn't impressive even by 360 and ps3 games of similar genre - on Wii U, then you simply have a deficiency of tallent.  This game presents no significant challenges from builds we've seen.  It's that simple.

You know arkham knight isn´t on Wii U, that game can barely run on PS4, arkham asylum is though ;)

Most of the ports you named where during the launch when devs tought the Wii U was worth the trouble, with it´s `special architecture`. Fast racing neo is a second party game and doesn´t seem to launch on other platforms. So it can be purely optimised for it. This game runs on UE 3 which is made for 7th gen not 8th gen and the latest version of UE3 is barely updated for WII U. Meaning that the engine itself doesn´t run to well compared to ps3 and xb360.

Though it is obvious this developer didn´t want to go trough all that trouble for a WII U port, like Sega with bayonetta on PS3. The result is a very poorly optimised copy/paste version of the 7th gen version on a console which isn´t known for it´s splendid performance with UE 3. So I doubt they really even tried and I doubt I could even blame them, because investing means money and a third party making money on U is rare enough as it is.  

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:

You know arkham knight isn´t on Wii U, that game can barely run on PS4, arkham asylum is though ;)

Most of the ports you named where during the launch when devs tought the Wii U was worth the trouble, with it´s `special architecture`. Fast racing neo is a second party game and doesn´t seem to launch on other platforms. So it can be purely optimised for it. This game runs on UE 3 which is made for 7th gen not 8th gen and the latest version of UE3 is barely updated for WII U. Meaning that the engine itself doesn´t run to well compared to ps3 and xb360.

Though it is obvious this developer didn´t want to go trough all that trouble for a WII U port, like Sega with bayonetta on PS3. The result is a very poorly optimised copy/paste version of the 7th gen version on a console which isn´t known for it´s splendid performance with UE 3. So I doubt they really even tried and I doubt I could even blame them, because investing means money and a third party making money on U is rare enough as it is.  

Arkham City is, not Asylum. ;)

Mega Man spiritual succesor will sell more on Wii U than on xbone.

Fast Racing Neo is a third party game, Shin'en is not affiliated with Nintendo. Exclusive games don't count?

Qwark said:
Nuvendil said:
Qwark said:
Nuvendil said:

Sorry sorry.  I meant Arkham City: Armored Edition. 

Fast Racing Neo is not a second party game.  In fact, it's an indie just like Mighty No 9; the Wii U version just has all their resources. 

And I agree, this is just them not investing.  I disagree that it's a bad idea; this is the exact kind of game that could make money on Wii U.  But the real issue is that the company behind Mighty No9 is doing too much too fast:  animated series, all these platforms, etc.  It's just too much.

Nuvendil said:
Qwark said:
Nuvendil said:

Did they say they couldn't make the game run on the Wii U?

Samus Aran said:
midrange said:

2 veterans out of more than 100 people lol. Comcept is nothing but old Mega Man developers.

Wii U isnt hard to develop for, just different.

DKC: TF and Yoshi's Woolly World are definitely my 2D platformers of this generation. I don't see why I should settle for less.

You missed the main point where having veterans doesn't make a company's game good, or do you believe destiny to be the greatest game of all time given bungie's involvement.

the Wii u being different is the cause for difficulties. Everyone has to spend time and money to adapt to your system just so you can be different. That's precisely why the ps4 moved away from the cell.

way to use 2 games with larger budgets, dedicated solely for the Wii u, and made by the company who designed the console as the benchmark for an indie title making a game on 10 platforms. Nintendo made the Wii u and gave their developers first priority, no one is going to spend more money to catch up to Nintendo when the ps4 and Xbox one are better alternatives. You deciding to "not settle for less" is exactly why third parties struggle on the Wii u. Because you think that if it doesn't have the nintendo logo, it won't be good and that the developers are lazy.