By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Worst Game Genre

Yerm said:
allow me to end this discussion,

Block-based Sandbox games..... somehow Minecraft got so popular it spawned an entire genre of spoofs and knockoffs and none were as good as the original. it feels like every single one of them just tried to ride off of the success Minecraft but all of them were just washed up and poorly developed.

Deary me. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zachary_Barth#Infiniminer

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
xboxonefan said:
skylanders genra or toys to life most simlators sports

Skylanders "Genre" is a dungeon crawler RPG, it sits in the same group of games as Diablo, unless you mean how you play the game, if that is the case you could just say your least Fav Genre was Cartridges because they didn't hold a lot of data :<

OT tho I've no Genre I haven't enjoyed at least some game from, I mean people say Moba but you can still get enjoyment out of one I'm sure if you and a group of friends all jump in together to one, as for sports games that is just so wildly open a Genre, even if you're not a fan of the yearly Fifa outings keep in mind Sports Entertainment such as WWE or Motorsports like Colin Mc Rae Rally.

Also as much as sports is coming up here a lot... weird that Fifa can just sell a few million copies with tiny updates each year while remaining the punching bag of a lot of gamers, if so many people don't enjoy it stop buying the things yearly lol.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Sand Box games. Usually over hyped and buggy.

Jranation said:
Ultrashroomz said:

Sports.

They simply don't interest me.

Yep! I guess thats because i dont play any sports at all. The only physcal activity i do is walking to school, and back home =D 

Not just then. I play some sports and enjoy watching others, but gsports ames still suck for me.

So those take the crown, but I would list 'hack n slash' as second worst.

Simulation games, don't really get how you can have fun with these games.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Moba, and any game designed to be repetitive and addictive.

4 ≈ One

MOBA

Sports, horror and MOBA.

Never really enjoyed sports games

Glad to see a lot of genres I dislike repeatedly mentioned here. I'm having a hard time nailing down my least favorite. The worst genre is probably mobile "games" that are built around making money with microtransactions.