Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Worst Game Genre

the one that i'm disinterested is FPS, i've played a few but it haven't finish a game on an FPS genre. other genres are so and so and i've appreciate different genres and they are targeted to different demographic.
my favorite genre would be JRPG. :)

Around the Network

allow me to end this discussion,

Block-based Sandbox games..... somehow Minecraft got so popular it spawned an entire genre of spoofs and knockoffs and none were as good as the original. it feels like every single one of them just tried to ride off of the success Minecraft but all of them were just washed up and poorly developed.

Simulators.

MOBA, sportgames except racers, racers are among my favorite genres, fighters except smash.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

MOBAs and Sports games. I rather try a sport in real life than in a game.

Around the Network

MOBAs, Sport games, MMS, WRPGs are the genres that I just can't stand.

Yerm said:
allow me to end this discussion,

Block-based Sandbox games..... somehow Minecraft got so popular it spawned an entire genre of spoofs and knockoffs and none were as good as the original. it feels like every single one of them just tried to ride off of the success Minecraft but all of them were just washed up and poorly developed.

Deary me. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zachary_Barth#Infiniminer

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

xboxonefan said:
skylanders genra or toys to life most simlators sports

Skylanders "Genre" is a dungeon crawler RPG, it sits in the same group of games as Diablo, unless you mean how you play the game, if that is the case you could just say your least Fav Genre was Cartridges because they didn't hold a lot of data :<

OT tho I've no Genre I haven't enjoyed at least some game from, I mean people say Moba but you can still get enjoyment out of one I'm sure if you and a group of friends all jump in together to one, as for sports games that is just so wildly open a Genre, even if you're not a fan of the yearly Fifa outings keep in mind Sports Entertainment such as WWE or Motorsports like Colin Mc Rae Rally.

Also as much as sports is coming up here a lot... weird that Fifa can just sell a few million copies with tiny updates each year while remaining the punching bag of a lot of gamers, if so many people don't enjoy it stop buying the things yearly lol.

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Sand Box games. Usually over hyped and buggy.

Jranation said:
Ultrashroomz said:

Sports.

They simply don't interest me.

Yep! I guess thats because i dont play any sports at all. The only physcal activity i do is walking to school, and back home =D 

Not just then. I play some sports and enjoy watching others, but gsports ames still suck for me.

So those take the crown, but I would list 'hack n slash' as second worst.