By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yuji Horii confirms that DQ XI will be an offline RPG and is developed for home console(s)!

Next week’s issue of Weekly Jump is supposed to have a “big title” related to Dragon Quest revealed. Perhaps we’ll finally hear about Dragon Quest XI then

Maybe in a few days we will know more...

Around the Network
gabzjmm23 said:
hope it would still be for both home and handheld. remember Japan is more into handheld, but they should cater home consoles too for the western audience.

DQ doesn't cater to the Western audience. I honestly don't know if a single DQ game has been designed with any intent for it to be localized elsewhere to begin with. DQ is not a popular series outside of Japan. That said, it has also sold well on home consoles in Japan for the past few offline main installments. I'm sure they're sticking to home consoles here. I think DQ IX was a one off because they didn't feel any of the home consoles were the right fit for a DQ game at the time (that, and I think DQ X had already been in development as a console MMO).

LuckyTrouble said:
Anybody thinking NX anything: do you understand what Dragon Quest is? Dragon Quest is niche. Even in Japan, it doesn't sell amazingly (although it sells tons better in Japan than the rest of the world). Why would they risk the next major installment on Nintendo's next gamble? There is legitimately no good reason to do so. It's a huge risk when there is already a popular system available to toss the game on where people actually purchase third party content.

I cant help but agree... same time... you.. you bully! (Jk btw)

Yeah this is def. comeing to the PS4.

Im just greatfull its not a handheld game (again) (or a mmo).

French captain here :

"Dragon Quest XI sera, par exemple, un jeu conçu pour console de salon, car il sera pensé pour des contrôles à la manette."
--> DQ XI will be, for instance, made for home console because it will be designed for gamepad controls.

No clue about more than one console where DQ XI will land.

LuckyTrouble said:
gabzjmm23 said:
hope it would still be for both home and handheld. remember Japan is more into handheld, but they should cater home consoles too for the western audience.

DQ doesn't cater to the Western audience. I honestly don't know if a single DQ game has been designed with any intent for it to be localized elsewhere to begin with. DQ is not a popular series outside of Japan. That said, it has also sold well on home consoles in Japan for the past few offline main installments. I'm sure they're sticking to home consoles here. I think DQ IX was a one off because they didn't feel any of the home consoles were the right fit for a DQ game at the time (that, and I think DQ X had already been in development as a console MMO).

true. DQ9 is with 3Ds which has a large fanbase.  DQ8 was under PS2.  If it is into a home console i believe Square Enix would use both Wii U and PS4 as the installbase is really not that big opting for PS4 exclusive would hurt their sales.  but if it is really more about money, SE would pick the both handhenlds over hc.

Around the Network

Hoping for ps4/wii u
let the ps3 die finally if you care about saving the console market.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Terribly odd decision, but not surprising anymore either.

The worst thing about that article is that they are still "thinking about" localizing DQ VII and VIII. How much more thinking must be done till you notice that there's many people who want to buy the freaking games?!

NintendoPie said:

The worst thing about that article is that they are still "thinking about" localizing DQ VII and VIII. How much more thinking must be done till you notice that there's many people who want to buy the freaking games?!

Here you go:

DerNebel said:
NintendoPie said:

Here you go:

lol wtf? Is that legit? I'd like to imagine that they aren't just localizing to France. That would be the oddest decision of all unless France secretly has an incredibly dedicated DQ fan base we are all unaware of.

Edit: I used my brain. I got this now. I need to go to sleep.

PS4 and NX?