By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Splatoon Have A Sequel?

Definitely. I wish it took place in the Great Turf War with the octarians, with WWI inspired ink guns.

Around the Network

Splatoon will be around for the next 15 years.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

yes, i guess so, in some years. but well its nintendo selling well isnt a reason for them to make a sequel...

It would be cool if in the sequel they feature a boot camp-like and a campain for squid-octopus war.

There is almost no chance this game isn't going to have a sequel. With its sales I don't think Nintendo can say no.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network

Considering Splatoon's success and how it's the next big new IP from Nintendo i'm expecting it to be a one-per generation type of game like Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, etc are. I'm fully expecting a Splatoon sequel on NX, whatever that may be.

bunchanumbers said:
Absolutely. I'm expecting 8 on 8 squid battles with a plethora of maps and modes available at launch. I'm also expecting voice chat and a esports mode where it is 4 on 4 teams. Obviously this will be the system after NX or at the very end of NX's life, even though it was promised at launch.

But the real kicker? Pants.

i think we are going to have 4 on 4 in the august update if im not mistaken

Mario Kart is that racing game of racers
Smash Bros is that fighting game of fighters
Splatoon is that shooter game of shooters

It's going to become a staple just like Mario Kart and Smash.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Nintendo is stupid if they didn't.

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Is there any decently successful 1st party game from Nintendo that didn't get a million sequels?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.