By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [FF7:R] Will it be turn based? Is that a good or poor decision?

How do you feel about it?

It will be turn based. An... 129 55.60%

It will be turn based. An... 6 2.59%

It won't be turn based. ... 50 21.55%

It won't be turn based. ... 47 20.26%

Total:232

I'm hoping it will be non-turn based, I would love to see them in action combat, a la advent children. I wouldn't mind turn based but I would much rather prefer action.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Wow, can't believe people who have waited so long for a remake of the game would find it acceptable for them to totally change the combat. I don't love Final Fantasy or anything but I just cannot fathom how it could be acceptable for diehard fans if they completely changed a part of the game they fell in love with. Either have a choice between them both or stick with the combat from the original. Completely removing it will cause an outrage.

I'm proud to say that I am a die hard fan of FFVII, and I believe the combat for the remake is going to be like the movie, "Final Fantasy VII Advent Children"

I really do not care if it's turn base or not by the way. The remake is a dream come true for me.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

They have to be very creative about this. Traditional battle system will be just ridiculous with the kind of processing power they have, asking for traditional turn based is as ridiculous as asking for pre-rendered background !

Headshot said:
Wow, can't believe people who have waited so long for a remake of the game would find it acceptable for them to totally change the combat. I don't love Final Fantasy or anything but I just cannot fathom how it could be acceptable for diehard fans if they completely changed a part of the game they fell in love with. Either have a choice between them both or stick with the combat from the original. Completely removing it will cause an outrage.

I'm a die hard fan of the Final Fantasy series, and I'm totally fine with the fact that if I want to play the game in its original form, I already have that version ready to be played. 

Around the Network

I think they will find some middle ground again like FF13. I can't really imagine that they will leave the gameplay as is. There would be no point for a remake then.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If its turn based thats great if not then I hope its like Kingdom Hearts except will the opportunity to play as other characters.

I am fine with turn based, but not in the form of ATB, admit it ATB is suck, even compared to other Final Fantasy games battle system ATB is purely shit. I would love to see if they can mix turn based battle system with action like on FF 15 , like mass effect or fall out. Or like on FF 12 (i think it's the best one). Overall i am okay with every decisions they have, but if they make it turn based then i am happy and if they even create new battle system or mix the turn based with action then i will be the most happy person.

HollyGamer said:
I am fine with turn based, but not in the form of ATB, admit it ATB is suck, even compared to other Final Fantasy games battle system ATB is purely shit.

Really? It was fine for fans of FFIV - FFIX, arguably the golden era of FF games, everything before and after being of lower quality (with possibly the exception of FFX.) 

I want turn based dammnit :P