By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz week ending 30 May 2015!!! and more...

USA week for 30 May is up, but something is skew-wiff with a few numbers, like Farming Simulator is in its 2nd week but week 2 sales = LTD sales, which of course can;t be right.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42155/USA/

looks like Global 30 May might be up within the next 24 hrs or so and then we will be into completely uncharted territory with June; though still a month in arrears. Think about that! A massive flurry of charts being posted over the last week, but still a month behind.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Also only 26 difference between PS4 and Xb One.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

May US.

PS4: 152k
Xbone: 140k

Seems ok.

Cool Splatoon's Debut Week.
Should be over 100k 2nd week since the average for Japan was 75k...

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

tag

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Cool Splatoon's Debut Week.
Should be over 100k 200k 2nd week since the average for Japan was 75k...

Fix.

I don't think Wii U will be above Xb one for Splatoon's 2nd week. Japan will be the only territory where Wii U hardware went up week on week, everywhere else it will go down, and even if Xb one goes down too it won't drop by more than the Wii U drop.

Even though The Witcher is a well established franchise, the fact that it's never been on PS and that The Witcher 2 sold less than 1 million on X360 means that Thw Witcher 3 sales must be regarded as an unexpected major hit. >2 million in 2 weeks on console alone, and no doubt many hundreds of thousands more on PC and console downloads probably means it's over 3 million in its 2nd week. Fantastic result for CDPR, they must be overjoyed with the sales.

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
I don't think Wii U will be above Xb one for Splatoon's 2nd week.

:P

Ryng_Tolu said:
binary solo said:
I don't think Wii U will be above Xb one for Splatoon's 2nd week.

:P

Damnit! If I'd waited a day before posting I would not have embarassed myself. I'm a bit sceptical of a 31% increase in Wii U for USA after a 102% increase for Splatoon launch week. But thems the official numbers for now so that's what we work with. Also a very small software drop. But this is probably to be expected, being a new IP and getting strong word of mouth. What else is incredible is that week 3 of Splatoon in the USA has higher Wii U hardware than week 1. That didn't even happen in Japan. But the legs in the USA are incredible. 4:1 game sales to hardware sales in week 3. That's very impressive.

Jimi Hendrix