By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Why are there Mens and Women's table tennis?

I play table tennis alot and it's not a sport of strength, but more one of precision and accuracy and fast reactions. I'm not too sure why there's a mens division and a women's division?

If someone could explain this that would be wonderful.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Women handle balls different than men. Hence the division.

Men's wrist and forearm are much stronger so there is a huge spin difference..

now to make a sexual joke about it: There is a huge difference between her jacking you off or your own hand..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

because if women dont get a special treatment its not fair!

Why is there men's a women's snooker? Golf? Darts? Shooting/archery?

We could go on, sadly, might as well accept that, there just is/tradition.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:

Archery is the only one you can make a strength argument for but compound bows do all the work. Golf maybe can't get ass far distance? Shooting is ridiculous and snooker is ridiculous. Never thought of those.

ArchangelMadzz said:

I play table tennis alot and it's not a sport of strength, but more one of precision and accuracy and fast reactions. I'm not too sure why there's a mens division and a women's division?

If someone could explain this that would be wonderful.

Table tennis is extremely physical sport and because of that women would not stand any chance. That's how it is. People in general have very false understanding what table tennis is at the pro level. Your comment reflects just that.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

ArchangelMadzz said:
The Fury said:

Archery is the only one you can make a strength argument for but compound bows do all the work. Golf maybe can't get ass far distance? Shooting is ridiculous and snooker is ridiculous. Never thought of those.

Wait, I've thought of a reason. Prize money. You can get twice the sponsors, therefore more prize money overall. So lets says prize money for men is £10k for winning a tourney and for women because it's not equal, it's £7.5k. That's a total 17.5k. Yet join them up and the prize will probably be only £10k but there are twice as many people fighting over the fund....

... this is a half arsed idea but I like it.

Hmm, pie.

Because you can't claim everyone is equal if you don't seperate them first.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

The Fury said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Wait, I've thought of a reason. Prize money. You can get twice the sponsors, therefore more prize money overall. So lets says prize money for men is £10k for winning a tourney and for women because it's not equal, it's £7.5k. That's a total 17.5k. Yet join them up and the prize will probably be only £10k but there are twice as many people fighting over the fund....

... this is a half arsed idea but I like it.

I like that too!