By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US July monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

July should be a lot clearer than June.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
July should be a lot clearer than June.

Not really. Current monthly charts

PS4 Batman bundle: #5
XBO 1TB MCC bundle: #17
XBO 500GB MCC bundle: #23
Wii U: #89
New 3DS XL: #88

Sales wise #5 might not be much more than  #17 + #23 or could be way more, Also we have had allsorts of different SKU's appearing in the 80-100 montly range every so often, AC X1, Standalone PS4,Standalone 500Gb X1, Last of Us PS4. With the prime day sales we don't know how much theese sold due to other stuff in the charts that wouldn't normally be and any other month could of all been in the top 100.

I think if anything its even mroe unclear at the moment but we only just past halfway so alot could still change and be made clearer.

#7 PS4: Batman Bundle
#45 PS4 Fools edition
#52 XB1 Master Chief
#63 XB1 Master Chief 1gb

I reckon the gap is going to be bigger this month than last month.

The PS5 Exists. 

Current Monthly

#5 PS4 Batman
#20 X1 MCC 1TB
#22 X1 500gb MCC
#91 WiU

If it weren't for our country, Xbox would be completely screwed.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
#45 PS4 Fools edition
#52 XB1 Master Chief
#63 XB1 Master Chief 1gb

Except that is an hourly.  Which means nothing.. Since the PS4 "Fools Edition" is not even in the top 100 for the MONTH.. and the X1 is at 20 and 22.. with the PS4 at 5...   Two top 25 positions and just one top 10 position.. could be similar in total sales.. we dont really know..   But I think PS4 has the win for July.. August might go to X1 with Gears release and bundles..

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Do you think Amazon over or underestimates Splatoon? I see for Amazon's June chart Splatoon had the appearance of being the 2nd best selling game. All of the multiplats behind it looked so far back in the rankings that the combined sales on Amazon shouldn't add up to outselling the 11th ranked item on the chart. In NPD Splatoon was the 5th highest selling software.

This month Splatoon is sitting at rank 25 for the month, does this mean NPD software for July is likely to be all multiplats, or will Splatoon sneak into the top 10?

I see Bloodborne is 8th ranked for the month so far, but I assume that won't last and we're probably not going to see Bloodborne in the NPD top 10, though it would be cool to see it there.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

cpg716 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
#45 PS4 Fools edition
#52 XB1 Master Chief
#63 XB1 Master Chief 1gb

Except that is an hourly.  Which means nothing.. Since the PS4 "Fools Edition" is not even in the top 100 for the MONTH.. and the X1 is at 20 and 22.. with the PS4 at 5...   Two top 25 positions and just one top 10 position.. could be similar in total sales.. we dont really know..   But I think PS4 has the win for July.. August might go to X1 with Gears release and bundles..

Actually it does mean something when taken over a longer period of time.  The problem with the monthly lists is that for some reason Amazon doesn't show the "Fool's Edition," even though it remains in the Top 100 for most, if not all, of the month.  Something has gone screwy with their monthly list when it comes to displaying the standalone PS4.

thismeintiel said:
cpg716 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
#45 PS4 Fools edition
#52 XB1 Master Chief
#63 XB1 Master Chief 1gb

Actually it does mean something when taken over a longer period of time.  The problem with the monthly lists is that for some reason Amazon doesn't show the "Fool's Edition," even though it remains in the Top 100 for most, if not all, of the month.  Something has gone screwy with their monthly list when it comes to displaying the standalone PS4.

PS4 standalone has been in the Monthly charts but has dropped out at the moment.

WoodenPints said:

PS4 standalone has been in the Monthly charts but has dropped out at the moment.

Yes, but that deosn't make sense. The Fool's edition is consistantly in the top 100 and sometimes quite high in the top 100. It SHOULD appear in the monthly every month but doesn't.

The PS5 Exists.