By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US July monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Protendo said:
hundehand said:

there were 2 deals yesterday on amazon prime day
the one you mentioned and another one with final fantasy instead of the witcher

xbox one had one deal with the 1tb sku and borderlands + 12 month live
and one deal with the 500gb sku and a headset + 12 month live

Xbox One had 2 1TB deals. (none of which sold out) 
Infact I don't think any Xbox One deal sold out.

what was the second 1tb deal?
yeah non console deal sold out afaik (ps4 + the witcher got stopped at ~50% claimed and could have done it)

the xbox one 1tb borderlands bundle got to ~85% or something

but the % doesn't matter much, if we don't know the quantities available
at least it was enough in the console case. (beside the ps4 witcher one)
not so much on other deals

Around the Network
hundehand said:
Protendo said:

Xbox One had 2 1TB deals. (none of which sold out) 
Infact I don't think any Xbox One deal sold out.

yeah non console deal sold out afaik (the ps4 + the witcher got stopped at ~50% claimed and could have done it)

That's not true. The PS4 with Final Fantasy sold out in 40 minutes. The Witcher one was randomly pulled within minutes (was over 50% very earily on). Both Xbox One 1TB packages offerred Borderlands if I rememberred correctly. (I bought way to much crap with these deals)

Protendo said:
hundehand said:

yeah non console deal sold out afaik (the ps4 + the witcher got stopped at ~50% claimed and could have done it)

That's not true. The PS4 with Final Fantasy sold out in 40 minutes. The Witcher one was randomly pulled within minutes. Both Xbox One packages offerred the 1TB and Borderlands if I rememberred correctly. (I bought way to much crap with these deals)

i can't remeber any second 1tb xbox one deal. so 2 times the same package?

you sure about that ps4 final fantasy deal?
i never thought it would, after they stopped the way better witcher deal.
people are desperate for ps4 deals, lol

hundehand said:
Protendo said:

That's not true. The PS4 with Final Fantasy sold out in 40 minutes. The Witcher one was randomly pulled within minutes. Both Xbox One packages offerred the 1TB and Borderlands if I rememberred correctly. (I bought way to much crap with these deals)

i can't remeber any second 1tb xbox one deal. so 2 times the same package?

you sure about that ps4 final fantasy deal?
i never thought it would, after they stopped the way better witcher deal.
people are desperate for ps4 deals, lol

Protendo said:

I wish we knew the exact number of these lightning deals.

PS4 (100% claimed in 47 minutes)
Xbox One (58% in 2 hours 47 minutes)

Would be interesting to see the number of units for both.

If you just looked up you'd spot me reporting what I saw while I shopped.  

The time I am referring to is how much time passed since the sales started. It's quite possible that the reason the initial PS4 bundle was pulled and changed was due to limited Witcher 3 quantities (bad planning). Which might expain why the bundle changed.

The PS4 with Witcher 3 lasted 45 minutes and then ended with 54% claimed. Didn't sell as fast as the Type-0 but it was morning/midday when that offer went on.

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:

The PS4 with Witcher 3 lasted 45 minutes and then ended with 54% claimed. Didn't sell as fast as the Type-0 but it was morning/midday when that offer went on.

It was pulled before the 45 minute mark from ordering. I tried to order one 15 minutes in and it wouldn't let me, it still showed up on the list for a little while before being removed (which is why it was being discussed so much). We really should avoid this situation as any indicator. I am pretty sure it was moving much faster than than FF deal before whatever happened.

Just look at the deal:

Witcher 3 (AAA) game, bigger discount, bigger NPD numbers VS Final Fantasy (discounted port). The second bundle was more lucrative for Amazon.

Either way, there is no doubt it would of sold out within the 3 hours.

Protendo said:
WoodenPints said:

It was pulled before the 45 minute mark from ordering. I tried to order one 15 minutes in and it wouldn't let me, it still showed up on the list for a little while before being removed (which is why it was being discussed so much). We really should avoid this situation as any indicator. It was moving much faster than than FF deal before whatever happened.

Hmm weird I just remember the time between me posting it was avaliable and finishing was 47 minutes untill it disapeared from the website, It still had the offer there for the duration to add to basket, Didn't try to add it though  but your saying there was some error or something stopping you from ordering it?

WoodenPints said:
Protendo said:

It was pulled before the 45 minute mark from ordering. I tried to order one 15 minutes in and it wouldn't let me, it still showed up on the list for a little while before being removed (which is why it was being discussed so much). We really should avoid this situation as any indicator. It was moving much faster than than FF deal before whatever happened.

Hmm weird I just remember the time between me posting it was avaliable and finishing was 47 minutes untill it disapeared from the website, It still had the offer there for the duration to add to basket, Didn't try to add it though  but your saying there was some error or something stopping you from ordering it?

Yeah. Kind of a bummer, the recepient wouldn't enjoy Final Fantasy so I ended up passing on that one. I guess it saved me some money.

Why doesn't any of the XB1 bundles have Kinect? Anyone would think they want it to die.

The PS5 Exists. 

#9: PS4 Batman bundle
#35: PS4 Batman Bundle + The Witcher + PlayStation Plus
#37: XB1 Halo 1TB + Borderlands + 12 Month Xbox Live
#41: PS4 Batman Bundle + Final Fantasy Type 0 + PlayStation Plus
#50: XB1 Master Chief Collection
#70: PS4 Bog Standard edition
#77: XB1 1TB Master Chief Collection

The PS5 Exists.