By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Better sales: Metal Gear 4 or Smash Brothers Brawl? Opinions?

22,000,000>10,000,000
brawl>MGS4

Around the Network
DSLover said:
SSBB will sell more than GTA IV and MGS4, because a) bigger userbase and b) I think there are more people who will buy Smash than GTA or Metal Gear as they are more hardcore type of games and Brawl may bring in the casuals, maybe some non-gamers. For the record I hate using those tags but had nothing better to use.

You're talking about GTAIV on ONE platform right? I agree. Combined sales? No chance. Brawl does NOT have the mass market casual appeal of GTA. It's more of a hardcore Nintendo franchise. It's going to sell really well...more than melee but not GTA level. In fact..GTa is the best selling franchise post 2000 era. 14 million average for each game on PS2 alone.

Also GTA is the most casual-friendly game ever. It's also a very popular among hardcore gamers.

MGSIV is totally different and won't go near Smash's sales.

---

Is there any chance to outsell HALO3???

eliasg said:
Is there any chance to outsell HALO3???

Easy.

---

smiles123 said:
ryu3000 said:
It's ridicules to even think that MGS4 will sell more than SSBB. Don't get me wrong I loved and beat MGS, MGSTS, and MGS2 but they decrease in sales each game. The MGS games are more of movies then actual gameplay and with the new MGS4, I have no doubt in my mind that you will only play about 6 hours total.

you do realise there is so many people who are hyped for mgs4 who havent even played a metal gear game. and i dont where you got the idea that sales decrease each game but they dont youre wrong. mgs4 will be the best selling mgs game and brawl probably will outsell it because of wii's higher userbase but all that aside mgs4 will be a better game than brawl and if gta4 doesnt get game of the year mgs4 will

probably from here:

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=metal+gear+solid&console=&publisher=&sort=Total

you know, the numbers? The ones that show that the sales have decreased each game? Of course, MGS4 could reverse that trend, but you can't deny that the trend is there.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
rasone77 said:
Desroko said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
@Desroko

We have already said that, why did you re-post it?

Because the OP insists on blaming the VGC numbers, when they are clearly not at fault. I'm trying to pound into is head that he made a mistake.

Pound this into your head. I looked here not at the game data itself:

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Super+Smash+Bros+Melee+-+GC&reg2=All&game2=Metal+Gear+Solid+3%3A+Snake+Eater+-+PS2&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=400

See anything wrong here?

-Edited by moderator

weekly sales data exists only for japan for many old games. If you want accurate sales figures, don't use the weekly comparison charts.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I'm not predicting numbers, but I shall predict that Brawl sells at least twice as much as MGS4, whatever those numbers may be.

brawl hands down

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

I say MGS4.

Because I'm a rebel.

ummm, SSBB looks like its going to overtake the PS3 userbase, and my guess is that MGS4 will not overtake the PS3 userbase