By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Diddy Kong Racing 2 for NX!?!?!? RUMOR! NX priced at $149!?!? Rumor too!

What do you want?

NO DIDDY KONG RACING!!! 45 23.94%

DIDDY KONG RACING ON WII U AND NX AND 3DS!!! 58 30.85%

Just on Wii U... 27 14.36%

Just on NX... 51 27.13%

Just on 3ds... 7 3.72%

Total:188

Cheaper and more powerful than the WiiU? How did that happen?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/29/rumour-diddy-kong-racing-2-is-apparently-being-developed-for-the-nx/

Wii U development kits are being used to develop NX software; the NX hardware is technically a Wii U except with higher memory bandwidth and a more balanced CPU.

Why even bother? Also the price sounds like pure bullshit.

They should have put a part about Nintendo outbidding MS for Silent Hills in there.

poklane said:
Dulfite said:

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/29/rumour-diddy-kong-racing-2-is-apparently-being-developed-for-the-nx/

Wii U development kits are being used to develop NX software; the NX hardware is technically a Wii U except with higher memory bandwidth and a more balanced CPU.

Why even bother?

Why did they bother with Wii which was essentially a redesigned/rebranded GameCube?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

People give rumours way too much attention these days...

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
generic-user-1 said:
JRPGfan said:
generic-user-1 said:
Nem said:

That makes sense, but then wouldnt the NX just be a Wii U without the gamepad? What else are they going to sell for that price?

its a wiiu slim, with a price cut.

Missing the gamepad... and it has a new name, and a new chance of being a success.

Still I really hope this isnt what nintendo does.

no, with the gamepad, but with a new name.  just slim.

Its not possible to relaunch the Wii U, with a new cheaper way to produce the console, and sell it for 150$.

The gamepad alone costs like 80$.

Nintendo would need to perform some sort of black magic to pull that off.

they can sell the white wiiu for 200€(or dollar its basicly the same atm). cutting 25% and more storage space after 2 years isnt witchcraft, specialy if they make a slim one with a new cheaper chip.  8gb or 64gb is a question of some cents.

It could be what they are preparing for the chinese market. Basically a modified WiiU without an expensive gamepad + digital distribution only (download cards to keep retail happy) + DeNA developed membership service.

fleischr said:
Cheaper and more powerful than the WiiU? How did that happen?

150$ believe it... and as powerfull as the PS4.... and it ll totally be able to play new games, and stuff like Kingdom Hearts 3:

NX will be able to do this for 150$ :

Beleive it? no I dont.

Honestly I would be fine with this, especially if it uses the unified concept of all or most games being shared between the handheld & console.

NX Portable-$149.99
NX Console-$149.99

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Pavolink said:
149,99 the handheld part
199,99 the tablet part
249,99 the homeconse part

Do you think Nintendo will do a handheld without buttons..?

Otherwise handheld and tablet is the same.. (so the better word would be "NX" XXL :)