By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Currently all available infos about NX or Nintendo next hardware

ganoncrotch said:
Really well put together OP, will tag this and keep an eye if you're going to be pulling together other bits of confirmed news, rather than rumours and rubbish painfully extracted out of something reggie mumbled in his sleep 10 years ago.

I will update thread, all this are mostly Iwata or Miyamoto statements, no rumours or Reggie statements. :)

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
ganoncrotch said:
Really well put together OP, will tag this and keep an eye if you're going to be pulling together other bits of confirmed news, rather than rumours and rubbish painfully extracted out of something reggie mumbled in his sleep 10 years ago.

I will update thread, all this are mostly Iwata or Miyamoto statements, no rumours or Reggie statements. :)

Aye, tis what made it a great read, 11/10 AAA+ would ebay with your threads again!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
Miyamotoo said:

Aye, tis what made it a great read, 11/10 AAA+ would ebay with your threads again!

"It's like Skyrim with updates"

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

OP updated.

AMD APU is fact, i believe it will be used in the NX. It will be Zen, more powerful than Jaguar, which i believe is in X1 and PS4.

Around the Network

My personal take from what Nintendo has said.

- Fusion platform is likely, but it won't be the only thing about the platform that's different. There is some new type of notable gimmick/novelty which is the centerpiece of the whole thing and they will hope "surprises" gamers. I'd expect something non-conventional.

My persona guess is even the portable might have some thing that really distinquishes itself as very different from the DS/3DS and tablets/smartphones. I think form factor could be very different from a 3DS or even a tablet.

Beyond that I'd expect something cheap ... fans here tend to look at everything through the prisim of "Sony/MS are doing X/Y/Z! Nintendo needs to do X/Y/Z to keep up!", but I don't think Nintendo agrees with this philosophy at all (for better of worse).

I think what their hope for the NX is that it can hook a new generation of kids. If Nintendo's long term prospects are having game hardware sold mostly to 30-40 year old men who grew up with the SNES-GameCube ... that is a dead end long term.

Soundwave said:

- Fusion platform is likely, but it won't be the only thing about the platform that's different. There is some new type of notable gimmick/novelty which is the centerpiece of the whole thing and they will hope "surprises" gamers. I'd expect something non-conventional.

My persona guess is even the portable might have some thing that really distinquishes itself as very different from the DS/3DS and tablets/smartphones. I think form factor could be very different from a 3DS or even a tablet.

Beyond that I'd expect something cheap ... fans here tend to look at everything through the prisim of "Sony/MS are doing X/Y/Z! Nintendo needs to do X/Y/Z to keep up!", but I don't think Nintendo agrees with this philosophy at all (for better of worse).

I think what their hope for the NX is that it can hook a new generation of kids. If Nintendo's long term prospects are having game hardware sold mostly to 30-40 year old men who grew up with the SNES-GameCube ... that is a dead end long term.

Nintendo doesn't need to copy Sony and M$, they are always unique and will always be

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
shenlong213 said:
Soundwave said:

Nintendo doesn't need to copy Sony and M$, they are always unique and will always be

That's why NX likely won't even try to compete with the PS4. It will be something more along the lines of Wii, but I think more aimed at getting a new generation of kids that Nintendo is losing en masse to things like tablets. They need to redefine their portables in particular because I think the growing consensus is many people feel they don't need one when they have a phone/tablet that can play games that are "good enough" for the 15-20 minute bursts of down time they have away from the house. 

If looks this statements, it's obvious that Nintendo plan with NX is:

-to make something different again (new way to play)
-to make affordable console
-not competing directly again with Sony and MS
-not making most powerful high end spec hardware

I am betting that NX is hybrid (one hardware) of console and handheld.

Miyamotoo said:
If looks this statements, it's obvious that Nintendo plan with NX is:

-to make something different again (new way to play)
-to make affordable console
-not competing directly again with Sony and MS
-not making most powerful high end spec hardware

I am betting that NX is hybrid (one hardware) of console and handheld.

So be it, cause I can't think NX will be anything better than this

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213