By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - lets face it Nintendo will never get AAA third party games again

alternine said:
Sharu said:
3rd parties are like whores. If they'll smell the money they'll jump ship immediately.

I think you mean"Gold Diggers" lol

No. I meant the whores. )

Around the Network

Monster Hunter, Yo-kai Watch

/thread

we faced this form 2006 when wii launched

Yeah probably. Nintendo fans just don't buy those games.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Ruler said:

Nintendo doesnt have an inhouse AAA devoloper and cant make games like Horizon or Uncharted 4.

EAD 1 = mario Kart (metascore 88)

Ead 3 = Zelda (metascore 93)

Tokia Groups: Mario Galaxy (metascore 97)

Retro Studios = Metroid Prime (metascore 97)

Monolith Soft = Xenoblade (metascore 92)

Gamefreak = Pokemon (metascore 87)

All that studios are ALOT "more AAA" then Guerilla Games (Killzone Shadow Fall; metascore = 73). Naughty Dog might be on same level then EAD3 (Uncharted 3; metascore 92)

Around the Network

Do you think Nintendo themselves have finally understood it?

You can't get third party games on Nintendo, you have to force them.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

First, let's talk about why Nintendo had such good third-party support back in the day, which is actually directly related to why they lost that support so quickly.

"Because Nintendo controlled the production of all cartridges, it was able to enforce strict rules on its third-party developers, which were required to sign a contract by Nintendo that would obligate these parties to develop exclusively for the system, order at least 10,000 cartridges, and only make five games per year.[66] A 1988 shortage of DRAM and ROM chips also reportedly caused Nintendo to only permit 25% of publishers' requests for cartridges. This was an average figure, with some publishers receiving much higher amounts and others almost none.[64] GameSpy noted that Nintendo's "iron-clad terms" made the company many enemies during the 1980s."  --  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_System

When real, serious competition arrived, it's pretty obvious why the scales tipped.  This was a company that treated third-party developers as pawns instead of business partners and had no remorse when their policies bankrupted them.

I think that history needs to be understood when we talk about Nintendo's issues with third-party operators, especially when some people advance the childish notion that third-parties are somehow doing something wrong or improper by not "supporting" Nintendo.

Jumping back to the present, the problem we have now is that Nintendo, for whatever reason, never seemed to learn from the success of its rivals.  Sony, in particular, began treating third-party organizations as business partners, which is how it's supposed to be done, and Microsoft came along and extended that philosophy even further.

What I'm saying, in a nutshell, is that the third-party situation with Nintendo isn't going to change unless Nintendo itself changes it.  It's all on them to be proactive, it's all on them to make third-parties feel that a Nintendo platform is a good business opportunity, with a good return value on resources invested.  That's basic business sense.

I don't know if it's pride (which is part of Old Guard Japanese business), I don't know if it's because the guys at the top of Nintendo have been there forever and don't know any other way, or if it's because the people leading Nintendo just aren't that good at running a business, but the burden is fully on Nintendo to make third-parties attracted to their platform.  No one else is responsible for the success of your business except you.

Call of duty titles are AAA, now comapre those to bayonetta 2, wich is better? well i hope that answers your concerns

alternine said:
Youre right they probably wont but if the NX is a fusion console they wont need them.

They will still need 3rd party with the Fusion concept. Less of them, yes, but they still require at least decent support from Japanese developers and minor from some big western ones.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I def think it is possible for Ninten to have AAA third party games. Ninten`s failure with Wii U doesn`t mean they will never get AAA third party games again. It just means they messed up with the Wii U. They could easily get them back if they weren`t so fixed on finding new ways to play. We have no idea what the NX will be, but if it does really well, it will be more like that some of those high profile games will come back to Ninten. So that chance is always there.

Also, I think Nintendo can produce high profile games like Uncharted and Horizon, but it`s not their style to do so, so they don`t do them.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread