By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - lets face it Nintendo will never get AAA third party games again

impactdial said:
fluky-nintendy said:

I disagree. Nintendo can have the 3rd party games whenever they want as long as they get a more powerful console for those publishers to work on and pay them for the games.

They already have a console with enough power and huge facepalm for the paying part.

Nowadays game developers are just lazy and all they want is an easy to port system. So from this point of view next Nintendo console will get 3rd party games only if it will be easy to port to from PC or Android (or both). Which is a question on what architecture of the CPU (mostly) it will choose.

Around the Network

doublepost, sorry

Aeolus451 said:

That baby deserved it.

impactdial said:

More BS nintendoom,  guess this site will never be free of it.

/thread

czecherychestnut said:
JNK said:

EAD 1 = mario Kart (metascore 88)

Ead 3 = Zelda (metascore 93)

Tokia Groups: Mario Galaxy (metascore 97)

Retro Studios = Metroid Prime (metascore 97)

Monolith Soft = Xenoblade (metascore 92)

Gamefreak = Pokemon (metascore 87)

All that studios are ALOT "more AAA" then Guerilla Games (Killzone Shadow Fall; metascore = 73). Naughty Dog might be on same level then EAD3 (Uncharted 3; metascore 92)

When has metacritic scores ever had anything to do with whether a game is 'AAA'? AAA is to do with game budget and resourcing, not its metacritic score. Towerfall has a metacritic of 87, no one who consider that game AAA. 

People saying 3rd parties will come if the sales are there are forgetting what happened to the Wii. Massive sales, huge success, but did it get GTA, Assassins Creed, Fallout, Skyrim, Call of Duty (all of them)? No, so why? Because AAA means high budget and therefore high risk, if it doesn't sell well the publisher stands to lose a LOT of money, and the Wii (And Wii U) demonstrated early on that Nintendo gamers aren't interested in those style of big budget games, so it doesn't make sense to port them across. 

Now don't take the above to mean anything about the quality of Nintendo games or a slight against Nintendo. Nintendo make awesome games, and if their output is enough to satisfy Nintendo gamers then thats awesome. But the OP is arguing why a Nintendo console won't see the full gamet of AAA games that the other consoles receive, and none of you have really countered that with a plausible argument. 

so please tell me how much were the budgets for killzone shadowfall and zelda:skyward sword or mario kart 8.

I never said metascore=aaa. I said that the AAA titles made by nintendos studios are in general alot better as those made by sonys studios.

Around the Network

yeah, thats why nintendo should go after every non AAA dev.
those went away, thats the biggest problem of nintendo.

I wanna add some things people brought up
-I dont consider nintendos Wii U games as AAA in this gen (and maybe the wii gen). Their games are something in between, not from quality perspective but from the realistic budget their games were made with. I think Uncharted is more expensive to produce than splatoon. Their games cost also often times 40€ at launch thats another indicator for that. Of course there is maybe some exceptions like bayonetta 2 or Xenoblade chronicles but even those two games cant compete with average 8 Gen only games when it comes to the graphics imo

- when i mean AAA third party support, i mean AAA. The NX could get plenty of third party support from mobile, indies and other games similiar like the Wii which got plenty other third party games not avaible for the PS360

You're probably right and honestly, I'm fine with that. 3rd party games don't sell well on Nintendo hardware and Nintendo seems to be fine with that, too. They don't seem to be chasing after 3rd party support, but what they do get works great on Wii U (Rayman Legends, ZombiU, etc). I don't look for Madden or Call of Duty or FIFA on Wii U and nobody else does, either.

They need to just release a universally accepted console with architecture that everybody can relate to (i.e. normal controller), make it powerful enough to run their 1st party games in HD, market it well from launch so everyone knows what the hell it is, have a killer (and I mean, KILLER) launch lineup, and choose a price point that will be accessible to the general public and low enough to turn a profit on a smaller install base. At this point, Nintendo selling 20 to 30 million consoles is a success to me, as long as they turn a profit and have enough games to satisfy me.

Nintendo still has some of the strongest 1st party IP in the industry and they make incredible games. Just make a console that everybody can afford and play with ease. Give us the franchises we know and love: a gorgeous 3D Mario game, Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Starfox, F-Zero and all those, sprinkle in a few new IP (i.e. Splatoon) and then, sit back and watch the money and 90+ Metacritic scores roll in. They won't have the 3rd party games, but they'll have gamers' respect and enough money to keep doing their thing.

TL;DR: Yeah, 3rd party support probably won't return like the glory days, but that's ok as long as Nintendo keeps making money and releasing their awesome games.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

No true, If Wii U have much better sales, we would still had 3rd party on Wii U.
Easy porting + good sale/instale base of console = 3rd party.

Can anybody tell me the last third party AAA game Nintendo had?