By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the NX be compatible with all the controllers, from GC to WiiU?

will Nintendo keep the compatibility with all those controllers?

Yes, they will use them all. 13 18.84%

They won't use the GC cl... 16 23.19%

They won't use the Wii a... 9 13.04%

They won't make the prio... 31 44.93%

Total:69

How would one use a controller for a tablet?

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
thatguymarco said:
Why not make another Gamecube-like controller for it since it's probable da best ever and end it there? I can see the Wiimote being compatible for when hey eventually start selling Wii games in the Virtual Console.

I really hope Nintendo makes a GameCube controller with gyroscope for the NX that is also compatible with PC. It would be amazing.

Silly you, Nintendo doesn't know what a PC is.

I'm now filled with determination.

thatguymarco said:
Darwinianevolution said:
thatguymarco said:
Why not make another Gamecube-like controller for it since it's probable da best ever and end it there? I can see the Wiimote being compatible for when hey eventually start selling Wii games in the Virtual Console.

I really hope Nintendo makes a GameCube controller with gyroscope for the NX that is also compatible with PC. It would be amazing.

I know, and that's a shame. People buy controllers for PC, and I'm sure Sony and MS have sold a lot of controllers to people who doesn't own their systems. Nintendo could get a decent profit there.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
thatguymarco said:

I know, and that's a shame. People buy controllers for PC, and I'm sure Sony and MS have sold a lot of controllers to people who doesn't own their systems. Nintendo could get a decent profit there.

Oh, please, there is no way kids and families, the only people that play Nintendo games, mind you, could possibly think about playing games on something as complicated as a PC! Nintendo knows their demographic you know.

I'm now filled with determination.

Yeah. I mean, they shouldn't - too many controller options - but BC will demand it.

Around the Network

I think it'll use Wii U, but not Wii's or GCN. Unless the new controller for the next system is a redesign of the GameCube controller.

bet: lost

I could actually see their next console supporting every controller, even the GC adapter.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I hope not. One controller please. Let's leave motion control where it belongs. In 2006.

No. NX Fusion won't be backwards compatible.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

WiiMotes and all that plugged into it
Gamepad
GameCube controllers for WiiU (usb port)

and I think they will use a revision of the WiiU Pro Controller as the standard controller.