By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the NX be compatible with all the controllers, from GC to WiiU?

will Nintendo keep the compatibility with all those controllers?

Yes, they will use them all. 13 18.84%

They won't use the GC cl... 16 23.19%

They won't use the Wii a... 9 13.04%

They won't make the prio... 31 44.93%

Total:69

It will compatiable depend on Nintendo's plan in the future

Around the Network

If there is going to be a Smash, then at the very least the Game Cube controller adapter will be compatible.

If it doesn't have a Gamecube-like controller option, I won't buy Smash Bros. on it.

The fact that the GC adapter never worked with VC games this gen was absurd.

Compatible from NES controllers. I want a classic type controller (maybe a WiiU Pro controller) with a touch of GCN controller. but all previous controllers can be used. Hope they can find a way to have that motion like on the Wii / Wii U but doesn't need that sensor bar. or sell it as optional for those people who wanted backward compatibility on previous controllers and games.

I see them allowing the Wii U gamepad to be compatible, in cse the NX is backwards compatible or if they do ports or remasters of Wii U games, but other controllers?They want to get away from the Wii brand, and GC seems so far away that irrelevant.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
I see them allowing the Wii U gamepad to be compatible, in cse the NX is backwards compatible or if they do ports or remasters of Wii U games, but other controllers?They want to get away from the Wii brand, and GC seems so far away that irrelevant.

About the Wiimotes, they are by far the best selling Nintendo controller ever. Every house that had a Wii (and there are a lot) has at least one or two. At this point, they are really easy to make and still profitable enough to sell if compatible. I don't think we'll see Nintendo abandoning the wiimotes in a very long time. Besides, it's the only way to play all of the Wii library (for the VC on the NX, people will want Wii games).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

IF the NX is a home console, there's no reason to have compatibility with gamecube controllers. wiimotes and onwards communicate with the system in a similar way, so there's no reason not to include them in the compatibility list.

Double post, ignore it.

I really fucking hope not. Nintendo needs to settle on one type of controller like Sony/MS. It's fine to have a few gimmicky ones here and there but have the main controller be a bit more standard. Hell just make a modernized GC controller and everyone will be happy

Well, if they don´t, then that means I will have to buy new controllers for local multiplayer, and I hate having to buy controllers, they are always expensive and I´d rather spend my money on new games.
Also, I have plenty of wii controllers, a wii u pro controller I bought because it was like half the price, and if they don´t make a new gamepad, then I hope at least they´ll make wii u´s compatible because I love playing games and having the map there.
I know they may be trying to start from scratch, but making previous controllers compatible can´t make them any harm, right?