By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo doomed in Hardware?

Is Nintendo doomed in hardware?

Yes, it'll either go all... 16 22.22%

No, the NX will repair Nintendo up. 35 48.61%

Maybe? 14 19.44%

See results. 7 9.72%

Total:72

Apparently since the Wii U didn't do well that means all Nintendo consoles are doomed and will sell less than it.
A console's sales doesn't depend on the sales of it's predecessor, but the decisions Nintendo makes. By that logic, the Xbox 360 would have sold less than the original Xbox.

Around the Network
ExplodingBlock said:
Apparently since the Wii U didn't do well that means all Nintendo consoles are doomed and will sell less than it.
A console's sales doesn't depend on the sales of it's predecessor, but the decisions Nintendo makes. By that logic, the Xbox 360 would have sold less than the original Xbox.

What do you mean? I never said it was JUST because of the Wii U.

super6646 said:
ExplodingBlock said:

I mean the only thing NX's sales depend is the decisions Nintendo makes. If they market it, get third party support, etc. then it will sell well. Wii U sales don't dictate NX sales at all. So if they handle it right, no, they are not doomed.

The console and handheld industry are dying. Its time for Nintendo to focus on other more profitable projects and make toys, tv shows, movies, and theme parks.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

ExplodingBlock said:
super6646 said:

I mean the only thing NX's sales depend is the decisions Nintendo makes. If they market it, get third party support, etc. then it will sell well. Wii U sales don't dictate NX sales at all. So if they handle it right, no, they are not doomed.

Because we heard that statement before. Yes, the Wii U will very much dictate how the NX will do. I remember this thread not to long ago about Nintendo fans ready to jump ship. They said they where worried for the NX, and that it may be the last straw for them. 3rd party support, with the sales they'll get, good luck. Market it, its Nintendo, it sells on brand, right? No but seriously, this is what Nintendo still thinks! Why didn't they do all this for the Wii U in the first place? I hope to god the NX sells well, but it certainly doesn't look that way right now!

Around the Network

wouldnt be VGChartz without some nintendoom :)

MoHasanie said:
The console and handheld industry are dying. Its time for Nintendo to focus on other more profitable projects and make toys, tv shows, movies, and theme parks.

The handheld part I totally agree with, though console gaming is still quite strong (at least for Sony and Microsoft). Nintendo needs to ABANDON the casual market, and focus on core gamers. They can stick with handheld's as long as possible, but it'll eventually collapse to smartphone's.

With this attitude, probably....

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=205040

dangerguy said:
With this attitude, probably....

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=205040

Thanks for that, I'll probably add that to the OP.

super6646 said:
ExplodingBlock said:

Because we heard that statement before. Yes, the Wii U will very much dictate how the NX will do. I remember this thread not to long ago about Nintendo fans ready to jump ship. They said they where worried for the NX, and that it may be the last straw for them. 3rd party support, with the sales they'll get, good luck. Market it, its Nintendo, it sells on brand, right? No but seriously, this is what Nintendo still thinks! Why didn't they do all this for the Wii U in the first place? I hope to god the NX sells well, but it certainly doesn't look that way right now!

It still depends on what Nintendo does. They need to get launch titles that appeal to the market they are going for. Then they need to have a steady flow of games for NX. This is one of the things they did wrong with Wii U. Bad launch and alot of 2013 games got delayed. From the looks of it, Nintendo is putting alot of resources towards NX games. Even if a Nintendo fan jumped ship to Xbox/Playstation, if they see games that appeal to them, they will buy the NX. They need to stop trying to market towards the "family friendly" market and go for more core Nintendo fans that skipped the Wii U.