By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you want from the FF7 remake?

I don't think I want to play FF7R if it's gonna be an ARPG. I don't think SE can do as well as any of the Tales of series, and If they can't I don't want them to even try.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network
tivec said:
Putting graphics aside (as all know it will be at least at FF XV level) I would like only battle system to be changed.
Any other will make game less FF VII. Nomura is not Sakaguchi so I hope they will not change story so much, as it will only damage whole game.
Adding stories from Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII are just a dream xD

Plus Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus

Glad i'm not the only one who want this. 

I really hope they do no matter how, even by adding DLC I don't care. 

I just want more expansion of it. Plus I really missed Genesis, Angeal and Zack 

That it's fun.

I'm now filled with determination.

No no no. All you people crying for a new battle system need to be silenced. Just, god no. One of the greatest appeals to a Final Fantasy VII remake is a return to turn based battles. do not incorporate something like XIII or even XV (I'm sure XV is good, but it has no place with FFVII, where the materia system remains one of the best in the franchise.)

What it needs:

1 - Updated graphics with 3D in all locales instead of static backgrounds. the static backgrounds are gorgeous, but with the leaps in technology, we can do it more like FF10 or FF12.

2 - Retranslated and fixed dialogue. Get rid of the typos, fix the localization like they did with FFVI in the GBA remake. That story was so much better once it was updated.

3 - Voice Acting. Not on all interactions, that would be silly and ridiculous, but we need voices.

4 - Somewhat expanded content/side quests. A lot of FFVII's lore was hidden from most gamers. give a bit more insight to that, don't hesitate to add subtleties alluding to the prequels and sequels.

5 - Bit more in the way of side content and optional bosses. Ruby and Emerald weapon are both awesome, but the franchise has evolved. No harm in adding a few more random uber-weapons through the game that don't effect the story/characters but still give seasoned veterans something to aspire to

6 - DO NOT CHANGE THE COMBAT SYSTEM! Seriously, this is key. I don't mind adding a more dynamic visual element, but turn based combat needs to stay. none of this 'your allies attack without your input' bullshit that almost single handedly ruined the past few installments. Needs to remain tactical and smart. Not dumbed down and "Action packed" for the masses.

so basically, same game with updated graphics and voice acting, with improved writing and just a few extra features and options for people who like it. I don't mind it being refinded and altered a bit, but don't lose what made the game so fun back in the days. Keep the mini games. Keep the chocobo breeding/racing. Keep everything, but make it better.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Pretty gfix

Around the Network

MORE CONTENT, in addition to the original. not to fussed on changing battle system.

but maybe include some crisis core stuff leading up to the start and further flesh out ff7 story.

hell even introduce a new character with a sub plot

turn based combat.... the same materia system.

Identical remake. The only addition is to add the Barverly default game options. You want the remake because you love the game. But why would you want to alter its battle system etc. to something else?

Ka-pi96 said:
archer9234 said:

Identical remake. The only addition is to add the Barverly default game options. You want the remake because you love the game. But why would you want to alter its battle system etc. to something else?

I doubt anyone that wants a different battle system actually played the original...

I agree. But I've read comments on other forums. Were I've seen some crazy things that people want from it. If you want it altered that much. What on earth do you want a remake.

all the people saying active combat..... ; _ ; you make me sad.
Would be a shame to do this to a FF7R.