By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is it possible Earth could be flat?

So do you get your Illuminati membership just by getting your bachelor in science or is there some kind of ritual I have to go to?

Seriously, you're pretending that you're a skeptic and a truth seeker, yet disregard any evidence that contradicts your belief. That's not what a skeptic is. The only thing you're apparently seeking is attention and conformation for your own beliefs.

Also this highly amusing article that states that not even the cherished medival Christians believed in the flat earth model.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth

It says a lot when your scientific view is less advanced than that of medival Christians.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

At the moment I am not so much interested in Earth itself, but the theory of evolution. Is there any proof against it, and if possible, is peanut butter involved?

The issue has been discussed, but peanut butter's involvement was sadly omitted.

RolStoppable said:
OoSnap said:

(...)

There are the supposed photos from the moon from the supposed moonwalk. But I am thoroughly convinced that was all a hoax. I can go down that rabbit trail if you want.

At the moment I am not so much interested in Earth itself, but the theory of evolution. Is there any proof against it, and if possible, is peanut butter involved?

EDIT: out of context, this looks like a parody, with the audience laughing at the sarcastic remarks. In reality, this is his true rebuttal, and the audience is filled with creationists who wholeheartedly agree.

noname2200 said:
RolStoppable said:

The issue has been discussed, but peanut butter's involvement was sadly omitted.

The Peanut Butter made my day xD

If the earth is flat, how do European flights to Japan etc fly in the opposite direction to flights departing from the US?

Wouldn't the US have to travel past Europe first? Or maybe they do and those little screens on the planes are actually lying about the flight path? It all makes sense now!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iss-hdev-payload
Looks round to me.

Of course you would claim that's all faked. Yet why add fake UFO's to edit them out again :p
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2920426/Nasa-cuts-live-ISS-video-feed-UFO-hovers-sight-Conspiracy-theorists-claim-space-agency-hiding-alien-life.html

Go find a freighter ship that's on a pacific ocean crossing.
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:0/centery:-7/zoom:2
It must have some might engines to cross that flat earth model map in record time.

MikeRox said:

If the earth is flat, how do European flights to Japan etc fly in the opposite direction to flights departing from the US?

Wouldn't the US have to travel past Europe first? Or maybe they do and those little screens on the planes are actually lying about the flight path? It all makes sense now!

For argument's sake...

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

superchunk said:
I can look through a telescope and see the roundness of every other object in our solar system. There is no reason to believe Earth is not the same spherical shape.

damn you with your fancy telescope while I have to use my eyes to look at the moon and sun..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

It's flat. Many things are actually flat. They just rotate to face the camera like the trees in Super Mario 64.

I will try to believe you are trolling.

Like most conspiracy theorist, there is not a single sign of doubt, and most of the fact are not facts about the subject, but "facts" about people that are not thinking that way are "bad people" (nazi, satanists, whatever)... and no action !

And the "no action" is very important, because when you believe in something which such confidence the way people on the video do, and if you are not just a lazy guy sitting there lazily browsing the internet about it, you should act.

So, any of you, take a boat, go to the end of the earth, climb the mountain which is not said to be so high, then take a good HD video of whatever is there after the end of the earth, and go back. You can pay someone to do it, launch a kickstart, whatever !

Anyway, me, I believe the guys that spent a life of hard work, went to space, and was able to show some videos that are very, very convincing. And if you don't believe the video, believe that the other guys that spent a life of hard work on physics and built a whole system is (as far as I calculated for a few years at University), again, very, very convincing.