By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Where Call of Duty Black Ops III will sell more in the US: PS4 or XB1?

???

PS4 299 79.95%

XB1 75 20.05%

Total:374
super6646 said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Funny 2 of my friends, who don't really play anything other than COD, switched to Xbox One after Ghosts. Now are trading their Xbox One and coming back to PS4 because of this deal. It'll be nice to have friends i've been playing with since MW1 back, but personally i think it's ridiculous that they are switching over COD DLC.

This. Its going to stab them in the back later on, especially as more 360 owners move to the XB1.

Can't say fur sure though...those 360 owners could move to PS4 or even vice versa PS3 owners could move to XB1. Owning a PS3 last gen does not mean you automatically will get a PS4 this gen just like owning a 360 last gen does not mean you will get a XB1 this gen. So can't really say anyone will get stabbed in the back later on. If their friends are playing on PS4 and they want to play with them on PS4 then can't see how or why they would be stabbed in the back.

On Topic

I think it will sell more on PS4 especially since Halo 5 is comin gthis year as well.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
super6646 said:

This. Its going to stab them in the back later on, especially as more 360 owners move to the XB1.

How is it going to stab them in the back? nearly half of 360 owners that have switched are jumping to a competing platform anyway. So far this percentage has been growing, not dwindling lol.

Roughly 40% of PS4 sales weren't from PS3. However, the Wii had 100 million sales. Many of them jumped ship to phones, but many stuck to console gaming. They had to have gone somewhere. Xbox fans are loyal to the brand, and as the platform continue's to improve, more will make the move to the XB1.

super6646 said:
aLkaLiNE said:

How is it going to stab them in the back? nearly half of 360 owners that have switched are jumping to a competing platform anyway. So far this percentage has been growing, not dwindling lol.

Roughly 40% of PS4 sales weren't from PS3. However, the Wii had 100 million sales. Many of them jumped ship to phones, but many stuck to console gaming. They had to have gone somewhere. Xbox fans are loyal to the brand, and as the platform continue's to improve, more will make the move to the XB1.

So are you trying to say no XB owners are going to get a PS4 or Wii U? That they are loyal and will only get the XB1? Or that those "roughly 40%" out of them there were no 360 owners taht switched to PS4?

ethomaz said:
PS4 bundle will make a big difference.

Considering Sony has a huge stake on 3rd party deals this year, they'll be foolish not to bundle PS4 with Blops 3, Battlefront, etc.

super6646 said:
aLkaLiNE said:

Huh weird because I have MANY friends who jumped over this gen. I suppose the next thing you'll say is no xbox 360 owners were ps2 fans before that, right?

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
super6646 said:

So are you trying to say no XB owners are going to get a PS4 or Wii U? That they are loyal and will only get the XB1? Or that those "roughly 40%" out of them there were no 360 owners taht switched to PS4?

Did I say that? Did I? Of course not. I'm saying not all of the 40% where from xbox 360, as many people forget about the Wii.

AlfredoTurkey said:
You guys are all letting your bias get in the way of logic. COD has ALWAYS sold better on Xbox platforms. A timed DLC thing isn't going to make people just sell their systems, or buy a new one. People who play COD on Xbox platforms... they're not hard core gamers like us. They're not going to just jump ship like this lol

Do you realize what you just said...  Of course they will sell their Xboxes and buy a PS4 if they are "not" gamers like us, if all they do is play COD mainly then 1 month exclusivity deal is a big thing for them.

I trust no one, not even myself.

super6646 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Did I say that? Did I? Of course not. I'm saying not all of the 40% where from xbox 360, as many people forget about the Wii.

That's why I asked ot get clarification, because your statement was broad as if you were saying XB fans only play on XB consoles. Which made me look twice and ask that's all.

nothing will change.
80% of vgc will be wrong as usual

it will sell more on xbox one, like (nearly) all shooter do

PlayStation 4 for me. The way Activision hammers down in marketing is absolutely crazy. Since Black Ops III does have 3 years of development time, this should also convince some naysayers to buy it due to the fact that the quality of the game is better thia time around.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay