By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Shareholders Meeting: LIVE REACTIONS!

There is going to be a lot of damage control in this meeting :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I just want Iwata to say "there are still unnanounced Wii U games to come".

mZuzek said:
Oh, boy. Metroid Prime 4 incoming. Get your bodies ready, the hype is real.

I will never get pre-hyped for that game again. This year's Digital Event slayed me. 

When it's announced, I will jump with joy. Before that, I'm going to assume that it's never being made.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Oh and I hope someone will ask if Zelda is still a Wii U exclusive or not.

ganoncrotch said:
Soundwave said:
I don't think the shareholders give two craps about E3.

They will want to know first and foremost about the smartphone games stuff, then probably NX, then QoL.

When it comes to spending their money on developing a game that clearly their customers don't want to buy I'm sure the shareholders will ask the question of who they hope to sell it to.

They're more interested in whether or not they're going to be paid a dividend this year than Metroid Federation Force, trust me. That stuff is really silly stuff 14 year olds argue about on the internet, yes it's important to some people but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean sh*t to investors. 

The overwhelming majority of Nintendo investors/stock holders don't even play video games. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
ganoncrotch said:

When it comes to spending their money on developing a game that clearly their customers don't want to buy I'm sure the shareholders will ask the question of who they hope to sell it to.

They're more interested in whether or not they're going to be paid a dividend this year than Metroid Federation Force, trust me. That stuff is really silly stuff 14 year olds argue about on the internet, yes it's important to some people but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean sh*t to investors. 

The overwhelming majority of Nintendo investors/stock holders don't even play video games. 

Yes. Remember last year and the infamous "why are we talking about video games" quote? Classic

SJReiter said:
Soundwave said:

Yes. Remember last year and the infamous "why are we talking about video games" quote? Classic

Yes I think the biggest investor outside of NIntendo is a Pension Fund, there is a bank, it's a crowd that could not care any less about E3 or be "in the know" about any backlash toward certain titles.

And if anything for NX comes up in a question it will be dodged with we will talk more about that next year. This shareholder's meeting will probally be dominated by Amiibo and Mobile since those are what the share holder will be the most interested in.

The shareholders are a bunch of old non-gamers. They're not going to have the slightest clue that basically the entire world was disappointed by the Digital Event. My guess is it will all be business as usual.

That's a good question.
I have no idea what Nintendo is going to "present" (what sort of data), but i hope and expect some questions about the unannounced games they said they had for the final quarter and more smartphone talk.

If i was a shareholder i would look at E3 hoping to see how Nintendo is going to support Wii U in 2016. Coming out of E3 i would have serious doubts about how that will happen.

SJReiter said:
They should at least provide sales updates for their hardware and some software (right?). Anyway, I think this is where Nintendo might finally talk about what mobile game they're releasing later this year. That's the kind of thing that could put the worries of the shareholders to rest.

Doughtful, that will be left for there next financial result release at the end of July, early August.