By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Fates will introduce same-sex marriages

the_dengle said:
Cloudman said:
So, Nintendo just recently announced they will keep the same-sex marriage in the game. Good job Ninten for keeping that in... : )

I figured as much. I'm more curious about what they'll do with, y'know, all the incest. There's kind of a lot of that.

"They're not really related!!!"

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

"They're not really related!!!"

Yeah... that doesn't really make it less incesty in my opinion. If they address it in that way, and that's it, I'd be surprised. I half expect them not to address it at all, like how in Awakening nobody every questions any character's attraction to Nowi. More likely they might skirt around the issue entirely and simply say S-rank is, like, super platonic life partners or something. I wonder how they'd explain the kid though.

the_dengle said:

I half expect them not to address it at all, like how in Awakening nobody every questions any character's attraction to Nowi.

Didn't get Nah's supports with her father? If I recall correctly, she straight up accuses them of being pedophiles at one point...

noname2200 said:
the_dengle said:

I half expect them not to address it at all, like how in Awakening nobody every questions any character's attraction to Nowi.

Didn't get Nah's supports with her father? If I recall correctly, she straight up accuses them of being pedophiles at one point...

Yep, she did and it was indeed hilarious.

I am fine and rather surprised Nintendo has the guts to put the option in the game. Yet once again the multiple version split pisses me off (even though I intend to get either the special edition or wind up buying all the route eventually) as a unnecessary split.

noname2200 said:

Oh? Well that explains it, I never got Nah. Didn't get most of the kids to be honest. I just meant within their support convos Nowi & hubby didn't talk about it.

It wouldn't really work that way for Fates, since whereas any partner for Nowi would make sense for the whole 'pedo' discussion, no character in Fates is forced into an incestuous relationship, so the children would have to have different support convos in those cases in order to specifically point it out.

On another note, do we know who's handling the localization? I assumed it was the Treehouse, but 8-4 did a bangup job on Awakening and I haven't heard anything official one way or the other.

Around the Network
thatguymarco said:
Babysteps. At this rate humanity will stop being a mostly homophobic piece of shit by 2200! C'mon guys! We can do it!

Any clue on when humanity will stop being racist and sexist?

the_dengle said:
Cloudman said:
So, Nintendo just recently announced they will keep the same-sex marriage in the game. Good job Ninten for keeping that in... : )

I figured as much. I'm more curious about what they'll do with, y'know, all the incest. There's kind of a lot of that.

I`ll wanna know where the kids will be coming from... o:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'm getting Conquest specifically to see two men get it on.

Call me shallow if you wish.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

TheLegendaryWolf said:
thatguymarco said:
Babysteps. At this rate humanity will stop being a mostly homophobic piece of shit by 2200! C'mon guys! We can do it!

Any clue on when humanity will stop being racist and sexist?

For racism: When people stop being fucking proud over stupidly irrelevant things. Like skin color or nationality.

For sexism: Ones sociaty starts starts to put priority on teaching people tolerance for things that are not "normal" and how to put themselves in others' shoes, although, this applies to almost everything humanity has problems accepting.

I'm now filled with determination.

Good. Maybe I can actually be black in the next one.

In other words, the step wasn't big enough Nintendo.