By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tagged games:

You were one of the most level headed user. You'll be missed.

Around the Network

Thankyou for all the things youve put in this site! We will miss you! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

If people want a break just do it. These threads are annoying.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Later curl. You grew quite a bit as user in the past year.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

hatmoza said:
If people want a break just do it. These threads are annoying.

That hit the spot!

Anyway: Sayonara, mata neeeeeeeeeeeee Curl-Kun.

Be aware: English is not my native language. The Internetz is the only place I'm partly speaking this smooth language. And because my Signature is so boring, feel free to insert a lame Boob-Joke here: [Insert lame Boob-Joke here]

Warning: Nintendo and Übel Blatt Fangirl alert

Around the Network

Farewell

It's hard for Nintendo fans not to feel a general malaise after that awful, awful E3. I'm just going back to all my unfinished games and cleaning them up as there is so little to look forward to for Wii U owners.... See you later Curl

ctk495 said:

Hey Curl-6,
It would have been nice to meet you- going by your post account you appear to have been a strong contributor. As a returning poster-coming back from a long leave of absence- here are some thoughts on the Vgchartz's forum.

1) Fast paced: Most threads seem to live and die  after only two days. I think that the most popular one's have around 150 to 200 posts. This excludes those 'staple' threads like the one's the focus on a specific game like the 'Smash' thread that had regular posters since it can be constantly renewed.

2) Present driven: Most threads seem to be related to what's most relevant in the moment. Let's take the example of Nintendo E3. Fans were displeased by Nintendo's showing therefore, many posters created threads criticizing Nintendo like "Nintendo fans are X" or "Starfox's trailer was dissapointing."

3) Relax moderators:  So far I have seen moderators tolerating members giving one liners like "yeah that sounds cool" or " Day 1 buy for me." At another forum I am a member of, not video game related, moderators are very harsh and they won't allow you to make one-liners or post empty content. The moderators want thoughtful replies with evidence. Again, I think Vgchartz has a more relax atmosphere, therefore, this contributes to the forum being fun. 

4) Young blood: Because of the relax atmosphere, this drives in young people. I remember back in my day: Soriku, Leo-J, SC, Nintendo fan girl, Pichu-Pichu, among other who were young people, high school or college students at best who would contribute regulary. I remember a certain style of thread like "Rate the song above you."  or " Are you a virgin?" What happened to SSJ,by the way, I remeber him being a big shot back in the day until the moderators discovered his ties with NeoGaf and I think he was banned....

5) Members leaving and new one's appearing: Most people I used to remember are gone. I think that given the fast-paced nature of the forum this happens frequently. I remember, I left in 10' and new members cropped up(regulars). Then I came back and all those regulars were gone and new people had filled in for them.

Well those are some of my thoughts on Vgchartz- right now I am trying to regain my footing as a regular contributor. I hope you come back. I went through a similar experience as yours- when I left. The forums no longer had an excitement for me, before what kept me hooked was achieving God-status(10k posts) but after the ranking system was changed it seemed impossible to reach the highest levels. Vgchartz is time-consuming if you want to keep up with all the news and become a regular.

That analysis is kind of missing the vital observation of how the charts are in a erratic comatose state.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
ctk495 said:

Hey Curl-6,
It would have been nice to meet you- going by your post account you appear to have been a strong contributor. As a returning poster-coming back from a long leave of absence- here are some thoughts on the Vgchartz's forum.

1) Fast paced: Most threads seem to live and die  after only two days. I think that the most popular one's have around 150 to 200 posts. This excludes those 'staple' threads like the one's the focus on a specific game like the 'Smash' thread that had regular posters since it can be constantly renewed.

2) Present driven: Most threads seem to be related to what's most relevant in the moment. Let's take the example of Nintendo E3. Fans were displeased by Nintendo's showing therefore, many posters created threads criticizing Nintendo like "Nintendo fans are X" or "Starfox's trailer was dissapointing."

3) Relax moderators:  So far I have seen moderators tolerating members giving one liners like "yeah that sounds cool" or " Day 1 buy for me." At another forum I am a member of, not video game related, moderators are very harsh and they won't allow you to make one-liners or post empty content. The moderators want thoughtful replies with evidence. Again, I think Vgchartz has a more relax atmosphere, therefore, this contributes to the forum being fun. 

4) Young blood: Because of the relax atmosphere, this drives in young people. I remember back in my day: Soriku, Leo-J, SC, Nintendo fan girl, Pichu-Pichu, among other who were young people, high school or college students at best who would contribute regulary. I remember a certain style of thread like "Rate the song above you."  or " Are you a virgin?" What happened to SSJ,by the way, I remeber him being a big shot back in the day until the moderators discovered his ties with NeoGaf and I think he was banned....

5) Members leaving and new one's appearing: Most people I used to remember are gone. I think that given the fast-paced nature of the forum this happens frequently. I remember, I left in 10' and new members cropped up(regulars). Then I came back and all those regulars were gone and new people had filled in for them.

Well those are some of my thoughts on Vgchartz- right now I am trying to regain my footing as a regular contributor. I hope you come back. I went through a similar experience as yours- when I left. The forums no longer had an excitement for me, before what kept me hooked was achieving God-status(10k posts) but after the ranking system was changed it seemed impossible to reach the highest levels. Vgchartz is time-consuming if you want to keep up with all the news and become a regular.

That analysis is kind of missing the vital observation of how the charts are in a erratic comatose state.

Well I was focusing on the Vgchartz forums not the site in general. But thank's for your observation-you and everyone else are free to add to my analysis.

I blame Nintendo (JK). Take all the time you need, bro. Life and peace of mind is more important.