By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 6 Ways Nintendo Will Save Us From Awful Shooter Video Games

I wonder who's gonna save us from repetitive platformers as well.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
I wonder who's gonna save us from repetitive platformers as well.

Adulthood...at least, that's when I grew out of Nintendo ;)

I finally played Splatoon yesterday. Not really impressed...don't see what all the hype is about.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I noticed that a few of the people commenting here have not even played the game, but assume that it is stupid because it is colorful and you shoot the ground instead of people. To this I say WTF? Don't comment if you haven't played it, the game is awesome fun, even the short single player story is fun and inviting. For a competitive shooter experience, it is one of the most fun titles I have ever played, and that is what I look for in games, not just competition, but FUN.

I play titles such as Titanfall, Halo, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, and Battlefield. I have PLAYED these titles, and still do with regularity, so I have some backing to my words. For those of you who have not played a title, but make assumptions based on looks and not gameplay, I don't understand why you are posting on this. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but your opinion is baseless and negative, I'm at a loss for why you are shooting down something you know nothing about.

But I digress...this game, as well as the others, is great in its own right, and deserves to be a top-selling, high frequency title. It's new and refreshing, and deserves every bit of praise it gets, because I don't think that I have ever had as much fun with any other shooter as I have with this one, it is an experience all its own, and I encourage all to at least try it, it may change your mind.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

dongo8 said:
I noticed that a few of the people commenting here have not even played the game, but assume that it is stupid because it is colorful and you shoot the ground instead of people. To this I say WTF? Don't comment if you haven't played it, the game is awesome fun, even the short single player story is fun and inviting. For a competitive shooter experience, it is one of the most fun titles I have ever played, and that is what I look for in games, not just competition, but FUN.

I play titles such as Titanfall, Halo, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, and Battlefield. I have PLAYED these titles, and still do with regularity, so I have some backing to my words. For those of you who have not played a title, but make assumptions based on looks and not gameplay, I don't understand why you are posting on this. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but your opinion is baseless and negative, I'm at a loss for why you are shooting down something you know nothing about.

But I digress...this game, as well as the others, is great in its own right, and deserves to be a top-selling, high frequency title. It's new and refreshing, and deserves every bit of praise it gets, because I don't think that I have ever had as much fun with any other shooter as I have with this one, it is an experience all its own, and I encourage all to at least try it, it may change your mind.

Don't write threads on a public board, if you don't want a public response.  The OP, raises arguments, that are very easily discussible even if you haven't played Splatoon.

Around the Network

Lot of people never played team fortress in this thread lol, it was actually a COMPLETE GAME at launch. Also you should had in your OP
7# they made releasing uncomplete games cool!!!

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

One of the worst articles I ever read, with several useless line.

At most splatoon is saving WiiU from not having a shooter.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

the game is complete in the disk.
they are releasing the already in disk content at times.
just to keep the game alive for more and more time.

I want to bring the forum rule on thread content to everyone's attention:

"Copy-pasting full transcriptions of articles is strictly prohibited. Instead, you may paste specific sections of the article that pertain to the subject of your thread.

Providing original content or commentary is also highly encouraged."

We can have these conversations, and we can use original articles as a starting point, but please summarize the key points and, if possible, provide some commentary.

Locking now.