By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Walkthrough: The New Xbox One Experience

Idc what the UI looks like as long as it's fast and not confusing.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
ethomaz said:
Looks like the XMB in a vertical way...

I hope it fix the biggest issues with the old UI... response time.

Not sure what video you saw but the UI is super fast already.  It does show down every now and then, though.

Dude he never tried it or even gave it a chance, he just blurts out random xbox doooms and hates for no reason, always has, always will.

ethomaz said:
Looks like the XMB in a vertical way...

I hope it fix the biggest issues with the old UI... response time.

He brings up speed in the first minute. Did you not listen to the video?

Also, it looks like Windows Media Center.

No more typing with the X1 keyboard is one of the best features. Right after that pop up menu.

Really like the Cortana part of this update. Voice commands have been one of the best new additions this generation. Hopefully this will force Sony to respond.

Otherwise, this looks kind of (and I hate this term) Meh. It is even more of a downgrade from 360 from this inital glance. I will have to play around with it at a friends place once it is out.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Navigation on the Xbone UI is almost slow like a snail, but not as slow as the PS3 UI. My Allah, that thing pissed me off last night. I was trying to claim my PS+ games for the month, but fell asleep waiting for the store to load. I will try again tonight.

And ewwwww... This new UI looks like garbage

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

DJEVOLVE said:

Dude he never tried it or even gave it a chance, he just blurts out random xbox doooms and hates for no reason, always has, always will.

Or the UI is really slow... you need to try it to see how it is.

As always we can only hope it works as well as it does in video.

ethomaz said:

d21lewis said:

Not sure what video you saw but the UI is super fast already.  It does show down every now and then, though.

No video. Real Xbones with lastest updates... I guess only if you get used to the slow way of the UI then you can say it is super fast because it is slow compared with any other UI in this generation or the previous one.

I hope this new UI fix this.

But I have all of the consoles.  I'm playing Batman on PS4 right now.  The interface isn't slow.  It may be confusing to some but it's pretty quick if you know what you're looking for and how to get to it.  Both are faster than 7th gen and WiiU, too.

I'm not saying you have to own everything to know what you're talking about but I do think it's pretty messed up to try and them someone that you're right and they're wrong when you're not the one that has actually taken the time to play with the console.  You "hope the new UI fixes this ", though.  I guess that's good. And you'll get your wish, apparently.  The update will make a fast ( but disorganized) interface even faster.  Everybody wins!

I like it. As long as it's responsive and clean, I'm good.