By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - More No Man's Sky info (coop, blackholes and stars confirmed)

Zkuq said:
I'm pretty sure none of the things mentioned in the title were actually confirmed here. They were all mentioned but seemed more like wishful thinking - of the author's, not the developers'.

No. Alot of things were taken from various interviews with Sean. 

Around the Network

From what I've seen all your doing is exploring. Game has potential,but it looks boring to be honest.

OdinHades said:
LipeJJ said:
I wonder what black holes will do in No Man's Sky... like, will it destroy/kill you from distance, or will you'll be able to "enter' it?

Also curious about how stars will work. If we get close will our starship burn and explode?

Going by physics, it will rip you apart into subatomic particles in well under a second.

You could get closer to a supermassive black hole, which are found in the centre of galaxies. You will never escape, but while descending, you will see all kinds of strange stuff, like the whole universe concentrating at one point for example. You will not see the singularity however. It's too small. Well, yeah, and in the end, you will always die. There is no escaping from a black hole. I hope it's that way in the game too. While I know that not everything can be physically correct and still entertaining (otherwise you would need at least 8 years of gametime to travel between two stars) I want the most basic physics to be there. Like gravity, atmospheres and their influence, magnetic fields and so on. 

AFAIK you wouldn't see the singularity because all the light is moving towards it and none away from it, not because of it's size, since the singularity doesn't even have physical dimensions to begin with.

Either way, I hope they come with something else than singularities, which are too simplistic a solution based on our incomplete understanding of subatomic particles and relativistic physics. It would be quite a plot twist if someone tried to suicide on a supermassive black hole only to slam into a soup of tightly compressed strange matter when it should be crossing the event horizion...

oldschoolfool said:
From what I've seen all your doing is exploring. Game has potential,but it looks boring to be honest.

Who knows, maybe you're not the exploration type.

haxxiy said:
OdinHades said:

Going by physics, it will rip you apart into subatomic particles in well under a second.

You could get closer to a supermassive black hole, which are found in the centre of galaxies. You will never escape, but while descending, you will see all kinds of strange stuff, like the whole universe concentrating at one point for example. You will not see the singularity however. It's too small. Well, yeah, and in the end, you will always die. There is no escaping from a black hole. I hope it's that way in the game too. While I know that not everything can be physically correct and still entertaining (otherwise you would need at least 8 years of gametime to travel between two stars) I want the most basic physics to be there. Like gravity, atmospheres and their influence, magnetic fields and so on. 

AFAIK you wouldn't see the singularity because all the light is moving towards it and none away from it, not because of it's size, since the singularity doesn't even have physical dimensions to begin with.

[...]

There are a dozen reasons why you won't ever see a singularity, but yeah, the light not reaching escape velocity is also one of them.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:

Quest/race to reach the center.

the closer you get, the harder it becomes.

Gonna be alot of grind, exploration/minging, to craft/upg with the aim of getting 1 step closer.

Theres bound to be pirates (players) that ransom you for $ or blow ur ship up, people that undertake protection duty, friends that only venture forwards in groups... its gonna be fun.

Its probably gonna be like Eve Online.

JRPGfan said:
oldschoolfool said:

Gonna be alot of grind, exploration/minging, to craft/upg with the aim of getting 1 step closer.

Theres bound to be pirates (players) that ransom you for $ or blow ur ship up, people that undertake protection duty, friends that only venture forwards in groups... its gonna be fun.

Its going to be glorious. o.o

JRPGfan said:
oldschoolfool said:

Sounds like fun. Can't wait til it's released.