By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bluefin Depot Sux! (Okay not really lel) UPDATE: Nevermind!

Despite the name being only the second thing in this game that has to do with dolphins, this is definitely my least favorite map. I find it's not very kind to Chargers as there's little room to maneuver and back up to, there aren't any particularly great sniping spots, and overall it's just extremely difficult to mount any sort of offense with them due to how the map is layed out.  They're good for defending your own base as the enemy has to climb up to attack you, and you're pretty much untouchable on the highest floor, but then that becomes why the Charger sucks at offense here, which outweighs the good defense because you don't win by sitting at the base. Chargers can only kill people on a higher floor if they're standing at the edge, meaning you'd have to go up there, where there's even less space. The best I could do while staying in a semi-safe spot was throwing splat bombs and fully charged shots up there, neither of which get that far in, so I still felt like I wasn't helping my team while they were up there. I suppose it's only fair that Chargers get a map they're not that great at, afterall we already have Arowana Mall giving Rollers cancer. I haven't actually played this map with Rollers and Shooters yet, so maybe I'll find it more fun with them. Will see tomorrow!

Around the Network

I haven't played with a charger(I'm really not comfortable with it) once online, but the stage is fine for shooters though, I think you'll find it fun when using shooters on this map especially with rapid fire, anyways, splatfest just got cancelled, lucky me, I got the timezones wrong lol.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Nothing is worse than Kelp Dome. My God, I hate that map.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:

No way! that map is my favorite, I almost always get 1k+ there, my highest was 1860p.

Cant be worse than that Mackerell map. I hate it, probably because I suck at it badly. I bet my winning % on that map is below 20%

Around the Network
ohmylanta1003 said:

Bruh, Kelp Dome is best map! So big yet unlike Saltspray Rig it's very open, I just feel so free here!

Sunstrider said:
I haven't played with a charger(I'm really not comfortable with it) once online, but the stage is fine for shooters though, I think you'll find it fun when using shooters on this map especially with rapid fire, anyways, splatfest just got cancelled, lucky me, I got the timezones wrong lol.

Yeah I think Shooters will probably just be good at any map since they're the middle ground between Rollers and Chargers. And nooooo Splatfest being delayed (not cancel'ed) is not luckly, I really need them snail things. =/

Urchin Underpass is my least favourite at the moment but my preferences otherwise really vary depending on whether playing turf war or splat zones.

I use the Aerospray MG which is brutal up close but has terrible range which was really hard to manage on some of the more open maps but I've found strategies to overcome this now on most maps.

Give it time you may find strategies or even just a charger which subs/specials that work better on that map.

BTW, bring on the ability to change your load-out between matches.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Sunstrider said:

Yeah I think Shooters will probably just be good at any map since they're the middle ground between Rollers and Chargers. And nooooo Splatfest being delayed (not cancel'ed) is not luckly, I really need them snail things. =/

Lol, did I just say cancelled? Sorry bout that, yeah it got delayed.

I played this stage once, and am already disliking it a lot.. probably my least favourite map too

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]