By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Xbox One 2015 vs Playstation 4 2016.

Which is the better line-up

Xbox One's in 2015 87 22.89%

Playstation 4's in 2016 293 77.11%

Total:380

On numerous occasions Phil Spencer has stated that Xbox One's line-up in 2015, is the best in Xbox history, and in some ways I agree. But that got me thinking, if Xbox One's line-up in 2015 is thé best in Xbox history, then what is Playstation 4's line-up? To me Playstation 4's line-up in 2016 is far superior.

I am interested to know which line-up you think is the better one.

*I know this is coming, so let me get ahead of you all. No, this thread is not about Xbox One 2015 vs. Playstation 4 2015 or vice versa, this thread is about which line-up you think is the stronger one and if you agree, that Xbox One's historic line-up indeed is better than what Playstation 4 has coming. Thank you.)

Around the Network

Provided there aren't any delays, I would say the ps4's one

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Fuck, man. That's really difficult. Both are amazing.

PS4's fits my personal tastes more. Though, to be fair, one is just a holiday lineup and the other is throughout the year, no?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Xbox's lineup is only historical because it features all three games of the holy trinity (Forza gears and halo)

They're not actually better than sony's IP's they're just all microsoft has, so its impressive to xbox gamers

Mod edit:

User was warned for this post.

--Veknoid_Outcast

Captain_Yuri said:
Provided there aren't any delays, I would say the ps4's one

Hahaha, yes of course, delays would kinda screw me on this one :)

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
Fuck, man. That's really difficult. Both are amazing.

PS4's fits my personal tastes more. Though, to be fair, one is just a holiday lineup and the other is throughout the year, no?

Given that Xbox One really hasn't release anything during the year except for Ori .. .. are there any other? I think is a fair "fight".

For me it is basically Uncharted & Horizon vs Tomb Raider.

For my taste, Xbox.

LordLichtenstein said:
Given that Xbox One really hasn't release anything during the year except for Ori .. .. are there any other? I think is a fair "fight".

I believe it was just Ori and Screamride, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Even then though, I would still choose PS4. Dat Ratchet.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Well I already have 16 iterations each of Gear/Halo/Forza on my 360. It was stale then, and it's not any more enticing now.

Not too excited for Sony's lineup either. Uncharted is cool, but it's more of the same as well. Horizon was a pleasant surprise. Last Guardian is cool. Jak is yet another remaster.

FF7 for me was the start of the mainstreaming and downfall of the series for the casual gamer who judges a game based on the box art and not the story. If the remake is more like Advent Children and less like the bland "we just want to make a game to showcase our new SGI rendering systems and we will come up with a story later" of the original FF7 it might be awesome. The literal 10 second CGI ending scene of FF7 was total bullshit after FF6's 1+ hour end game sequences. I really don't understand why FF7 is such a huge deal. FF4 is still my favorite Final Fantasy game ever and was only recently dethroned by Xenogears as my #1 some 15 years later.

I'm a hard gamer to please.  The Golden Age for me was SNES and PS1 when JRPGs fell from the sky and nearly every one was Xenoblade Chronicles, Ni No Kuni, or The Last of Us levels of epic.  

I have to give the nod to Sony though for trying simply because Microsoft is too predictable by now with their constant Halo/Gears/Forza pandering to the NFL bro gamer demographic.  Some of the Sony games have the more adventure and tragedy theme going on that I like for single player story telling style games where most of what MS stuff, as typical, is mostly just photorealism, mindlessly blowing shit up, or  competitively bumping dicks in online vs mode.  For me MS is still too focused on the "mature" testosterone male target audience, they are too afraid of doing anything cute, colorful, or tragic.  Gear of War players are too hard to cry about a video game right?  The Rare collection is just leveraging their ownership of the IP to create their single token 1 game a year to act like they are trying to get Sony and Nintendo players or cater to the retro crowd.

Neither were really that outstanding.  Last Guardian is technically just another Ico and SotC and looked like a PS3 game, FF7 when it came out on PS1 was a huge let down for me after buying the hype coming off the FF6 high, and Shenmue 3 is WELL over 3 years out and was a cheap tactic to stir up the cult fanbase far far too early.  Then dilute with a bunch of third party cross platform games and more remasters.  They spent way too much time in Batman, Call of Duty, etc because they had nothing else to show.  If Sony would have thrown in bunch of unleaked surprise PS4 exclusives like a new Wild Arms, a Tales game, Dragon Quest, Suikoden, and revived stuff like that back to back that made PS1 such a success back in the day, or announced exclusive partnership with Square and stuff like that it would have been an epic smack down.  As was it was slightly more interesting than MS but I nearly fell asleep at the Sony Experience theater viewing when they spent so much time on Star Wars, Batman, and Call of Duty. Yawn.  Mainstream crossplatform shovelware.