By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4: Dreams - 'Everything In Dreams Is Live' (Added Interview)

" "You might be an FPS [first-person shooter] guy, so FPS is your entry. But as you're playing the FPS, you open the door and it's a fucking desert and you're in Journey. You walk out and then you're walking through the desert and then you see ... a spaceship and you climb into it. ... It sounds mad, but when you've framed it all as dream-like, actually you just get into it. The same way that when you're in an actual dream in real life, you don't question the fact that you walk out your house and you're in the middle of the beach. ... You know what I mean? That feeling.""

Great interview, it got me even more excited about this game

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:
" "You might be an FPS [first-person shooter] guy, so FPS is your entry. But as you're playing the FPS, you open the door and it's a fucking desert and you're in Journey. You walk out and then you're walking through the desert and then you see ... a spaceship and you climb into it. ... It sounds mad, but when you've framed it all as dream-like, actually you just get into it. The same way that when you're in an actual dream in real life, you don't question the fact that you walk out your house and you're in the middle of the beach. ... You know what I mean? That feeling.""

Me thinks that gives us a clue on how we'll actually be playing online with this. I believe we'll have two main options: Cue and random. You'll still be able to search out and play levels individually but in order to give user created levels and experiences more 'weight' MM will allow us to stream between each one seamlessly. So you may be playing a platformer one moment and then suddenly find yourself fighting for your survival in a horror game. Random could be quite a interesting experience!

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Aerys said:

Me thinks that gives us a clue on how we'll actually be playing online with this. I believe we'll have two main options: Cue and random. You'll still be able to search out and play levels individually but in order to give user created levels and experiences more 'weight' MM will allow us to stream between each one seamlessly. So you may be playing a platformer one moment and then suddenly find yourself fighting for your survival in a horror game. Random could be quite a interesting experience!

Thats exactly what they want to do if i understood well.

The dreams variety connected together will be very interesting

GribbleGrunger said:

Is it that difficult to put this under "Sony discussion"?

Aerys said:

We may have our character! Someone over at GAF spotted something ...

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Aerys said:

We may have our character! Someone over at GAF spotted something ...

Link ?

Yeah it seems to be the same character ! ( maybe it's the little ball the character follows from his eyes when he comes to life in the demo )

I think I'm starting to piece this together. Look at this character and compare it to the characters in those other pics ... but then go to the trailer and check out when he runs the bubble over the puppets face. It's the same character! They're refered to as 'Imps'. Is this a TOOL? Different colours do different things?

edit: Eyes open to eyes closed! It's a God Damn facial animation tool!!!

http://dreams.mediamolecule.com/

And a Tweet:

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

I think I'm starting to piece this together. Look at this character and compare it to the characters in those other pics ... but then go to the trailer and check out when he runs the bubble over the puppets face. It's the same character! They're refered to as 'Imps'. Is this a TOOL? Different colours do different things?

edit: Eyes open to eyes closed! It's a God Damn facial animation tool!!!

http://dreams.mediamolecule.com/

And a Tweet:

Cant wait to see how this tool works ! 4 months to wait before PGW ! Awful

Amazing 3D creation

Having watched the old footage and the new footage and listened to people talking about it or reacting to it I've realised the problem: People don't listen because they're too busy mouthing off during and after the presentation. For instance, I just finished watching one reaction in which the three guys where asking 'what the fuck am I watching? It just looks like an animation tool'. They continue to take the pee whilst the presenter is saying 'at last, you can create whatever you want from games to animations to art ...'. In the original video Evens even says 'Now you can create a game with the simple click of a button.' These are probably the same sort of people that still ask 'What do you do in No Man's Sky?'

The PS5 Exists.