By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshi´s Woolly World Reviews Thread (First reviews)

Metascore

+ 90 36 10.62%

+ 85 99 29.20%

+ 80 96 28.32%

+ 75 47 13.86%

+ 70 18 5.31%

+ 65 4 1.18%

+ 60 11 3.24%

OMG so CUTE :3 28 8.26%

Total:339
Samus Aran said:
SJReiter said:

NintendoWorldReport – 8.5 / 10
GameReactor – 9 / 10
VideoGamer – 6 / 10
Nintendo Life – 9 / 10
GameSpot – 6 / 10
DigitalSpy – 3 / 5

Kind of mixed early reviews. A few really liked it, but it looks like others haven't been quite as impressed.

Edit: Link- http://nintendoeverything.com/yoshis-woolly-world-reviews-roundup/

More reviews in the link  

73% average, what is wrong with reviewers these days...

Dark Souls, Bloodborne are all lauded for being difficult, but Nintendo games get trashed for it. I hate this double standard. And yes, I read the reviews and the most common complaints were that the game is too hard lol.

Yeah, it's ridiculous, some reviewers bashed Tropical Freeze too for the same reason. I "like" how some reviewers complains that the game is too easy, and then go on to say that it's too hard to collect things. Well, if you want a difficult challenge go on and collect stuff, if you want to breeze through the game, you can do it too. I don't know what's wrong with that. 

Around the Network

Nintendo games have kind of lodged themselves into a weird double standard. People don't want the games to be too easy, but the moment they become just a little too challenging, people start complaining. Basically, they don't want the games too hard or too easy, but rather, that almost impossible to manage mixture of just right. To be fair to the Souls series and From Software games in general, they built a reputation starting with Demon's Souls on the PS3 or making very difficult games. They actually got bashed quite a bit when people felt Dark Souls 2 was too easy compared to Dark Souls, despite the fact that Dark Souls 2 was still more than a little challenging for most gamers.

Hobby Consolas - 92/100

Let´s hope that the worst reviews are the first ones.

XGN: 9/10

Seems like a mixed bag so far. Think my 74 prediction is going to be about right

Around the Network

Dealspwn - 9/10

Question: will Metacritic even post any of the scores prior to the US release of the game? They seem to operate off of US release dates, so I'm curious what happens in these rare cases where the US release is heavily delayed compared to the rest of the world.

LuckyTrouble said:

Question: will Metacritic even post any of the scores prior to the US release of the game? They seem to operate off of US release dates, so I'm curious what happens in these rare cases where the US release is heavily delayed compared to the rest of the world.

I have no idea, someone remember what happened with Hyrule Warriors? The game was released here first, on europe

IGN dropped a 7.4.

pleaserecycle said:
IGN dropped a 7.4.

incredible, after the 7.9 on Splatoon they come with this...