By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony looking for more titles to crowdfund

To Sony credit at least the game is coming to PC seem like this game is open to go on other console. Shenmue III while being a fan favorite isn't guarantee commercial success and risky.

If you look at the current kick starter for Shenmue $3,200,000 supported by 40.753 backers. That's almost $78/backer for unknown products that won't release for at least 2-3 years.

I can't really blame Sony if people are blindly throwing their money in this project but I don't think Sony should be praised for this move.

Around the Network
tiffac said:
mornelithe said:

So you missed the part where he said Yu and Sega had worked out a deal to kickstart it, prior to any Sony involvement, I'm guessing?

I'm sure that's being ignored. Its more juicer when theres a bad guy in place xD

Oh it's definitely being ignored, have had to correct a few people thus far.  Granted, the clarification on the kickstarter's start came from a Shu interview that was posted when I woke up this morning, but still, it's located in both of the threads that this is being discussed in.

yvanjean said:
To Sony credit at least the game is coming to PC seem like this game is open to go on other console. Shenmue III while being a fan favorite isn't guarantee commercial success and risky.

Sony funded games don't come on other consoles.

Also, don't forget Sony going bankrupt and doom and all that. They found a way to fund great games and not go bankrupt. Not their fault they are in competition with a company that throws Windows money at them.

Thanks jlmurph!

BreedinBull said:
Also, don't forget Sony going bankrupt and doom and all that. They found a way to fund great games and not go bankrupt. Not their fault they are in competition with a company that throws Windows money at them.

Hahaha you're a really funny guy :D

But I agree as long as its not done with their own franchise.

Around the Network
BreedinBull said:

Money saving tactics confirmed xD

this is a great idea. I would like to see Brutal Legend Heavenly Sword and Dante's Inferno on this list

If crowdfunding is the only way to convince publishers to bring back dormant IPs like Shenmue or Suikoden then so be it. It's better than not having those franchises at all.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Well this is going to be a bad trend... Unless the donators are rewarded the final game when it comes out, then it seems more justified. But I feel like, soon enough, you'll have to donate and then buy the game on top of that.

Chrono Break, Shadow Complex 2, Suidoken VI, TimeSplitters, and Snatcher sequels please.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay