By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I like games but no time

I try to play 6 to 8 hours games... Sometimes i can finish them in a week.. Games that are longer are spread out over too much time and i basicly forget what the mission was or the controls.. At one point i returned to Red dead redemption and had no clue what was happening.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
ReimTime said:

Want to hear my story? I frequently find myself shifting to, *shudders*, casual games!!! I no longer have the time or attention span to commit to longer games, or to completionist goals. In fact, I find myself getting turned off by PR statements saying stuff like: "300 hours worth of content". I find myself getting overwhelmed when I turn on a game and see 20 objectives/quest markers.

You monster!

*goes back to playing " Alphabetty" on smart phone*

d21lewis said:
ReimTime said:

Want to hear my story? I frequently find myself shifting to, *shudders*, casual games!!! I no longer have the time or attention span to commit to longer games, or to completionist goals. In fact, I find myself getting turned off by PR statements saying stuff like: "300 hours worth of content". I find myself getting overwhelmed when I turn on a game and see 20 objectives/quest markers.

You monster!

*goes back to playing " Alphabetty" on smart phone*

Nothing can compete with Kwazy Cupcakes!

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Angelv577 said:
yeah that's why every time I think about buying a new console, reality kicked in and said to me that I barely can keep up with my ps4. I'm sure a lot of people are in the same situation, they will choose the console that have most of the games they want to play. That's why I chose ps4 because it has franchises that I can't skip like the new uncharted 4 and the next the last of us. I can live without Nintendo franchises and most of the MS franchises.

Same. I want to complete the set and buy an XBox One too. But it's just my kids that use the WiiU nowadays, and I have yet to start GTA5, DA:I, Far Cry 4, Bloodborne, Metro Redux, Dreamfall chapters, Wasteland 2, various other indies and what I can't remember right now. The Steam summer sale just started again and I want to get Splatoon :/
Currenlty I'm starting to resent the witcher 3 for how long it is, I'm behind on the DriveClub DLC.
The order was a blessing, I could finish it without getting anxious if it would ever end! Short campaigns are a selling point to me nowadays.

It would be great if next to difficulty settings there would be options to adjust the length of rpgs. Parent setting, faster levelling, restrict content to only the essential stuff with the best sidequests, cutting all the fluff. 30 quests on the go is not fun anymore, nor messing around with a crafting system and inventory management if you only have an hour to play.

I have time but lately I havent feel like playing, am I getting old?

Around the Network
Fededx said:
I have time but lately I havent feel like playing, am I getting old?

I've had that happen a lot, too.  It's kinda scary.  The one thing that defined you and was your passion (I was always "That video game kid" since the mid 80s) and suddenly, your not passionate about it.  I'm like "What do I do now?"

when i was a kid i've played a ton of hours on games. growing up, and having more responsibility. then less time for gaming. if I'm alone, nothing to watch and kids are gone. my wife is away. it is time to play some nice games. so it is really hard to play all the games you like and need to balance it out with other tasks....

hence i haven't bought Witcher 3, SoM, DA:I, etc... i've recently played a ton of hours on Splatoon.

I run my own business, but I always set aside 2/3 per day for my gaming, no better way to unwind.