By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - June 8th - 14th

Soundwave said:
Good news for Splatoon. Think that pretty much seals the deal for Splatoon 2 as its going to hit 400k even if its legs completely falter out in the coming weeks on the low-end.

If we count the digital sales, i believe it could be around 350k+ by now. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Skullwaker said:
Splatoon and Wii U are just insane.

3DS did great this week with Rhythm Heaven and Dragon Ball. Should keep up the pace with Fire Emblem soon.

Splatoon numbers are good but I'm not sure I'd call Wii U numbers "insane". They're up about 4k over last year, a decent bump but nothing mind blowing. 

WiiU numbers are insane, given the fact its wiiu and an IP (thats new) boosting it in its 3rd week (without other releases) is making it maintain apretty high number (to its 5-7k weekly avg)

Soundwave said:
Splatoon numbers are good but I'm not sure I'd call Wii U numbers "insane". They're up about 4k over last year, a decent bump but nothing mind blowing. 

Maybe not insane, but 16k two weeks after a big release is quite good. At least for a home console.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Wii U continues to climb YoY: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=203794&page=1

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

tbone51 said:
Soundwave said:

WiiU numbers are insane, given the fact its wiiu and an IP (thats new) boosting it in its 3rd week (without other releases) is making it maintain apretty high number (to its 5-7k weekly avg)

Also last year had Mario Kart 8. If sales are up by 4k thats really impressive!

Splatoon is a huge succes for Nintendo in Japan! (and most likely also a succes in the rest of the world)

Also good to see that 3DS sales have increased a bit again.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Around the Network

Awesome Splatoon numbers!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Jranation said:
Soundwave said:
Good news for Splatoon. Think that pretty much seals the deal for Splatoon 2 as its going to hit 400k even if its legs completely falter out in the coming weeks on the low-end.

There have been games in similar situations that don't come close to 100k digital sales. You're talking Pokemon/Monster Hunter level digital sales....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Great Info. The only info in the week that eminds me of the old VGC.

OT: fantastic numbers for Splatoon.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Splatoon 2 better launch the NX.

outlawauron said:
Jranation said:

There have been games in similar situations that don't come close to 100k digital sales. You're talking Pokemon/Monster Hunter level digital sales....

Splatoon Digital is actually high though, dunno about 100k but it was over 43k in under 6 days