By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake winter update includes official title, other details in planning

Acevil said:
Xxain said:

No, it is a remake. Im noticing alot of people dont know the difference between a reboot, remaster and, remake. 

Actually it seems more like reimagining. 

A reboot is a reimaging. DMC vs DmC, Silient hill vs Shattered memories.

A remaking is to take something old a remake it with todays technology, sensibility and standards. That is FF7 approach.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Acevil said:

Actually it seems more like reimagining. 

A reboot is a reimaging. DMC vs DmC, Silient hill vs Shattered memories.

A remaking is to take something old a remake it with todays technology, sensibility and standards. That is FF7 approach.

You should really reread what I added in my post, I was just abusing re. We won't know the true outcome till the product is out. It is a remake of the game, but it could have reimagining of a lot of the settings/plot/gameplay. 

If its a re-imagining or reboot they should say so.

Calling it a remake and then going and changing everything is gonna end up badly.

Nem said:

Calling it a remake and then going and changing everything is gonna end up badly.

Nem too? 

That is the point of remake. 

Xxain said:
Nem said:

Nem too? 

That is the point of remake. 

Reboot -  a discarding of much or even all previous continuity  in the series, to start anew. Effectively, all previously known fictive history is declared by the writer(s) to be null and void, or at least irrelevant to the current storyline, and the series starts over.

Remake -Â  generally used in reference to a movie which uses an earlier movie as the main source material, rather than in reference to a second, later movie based on the same source.

Reimagining -Â  remakes that do not closely follow the original. The term is used by creators in the marketing of films and television shows to inform audiences that the new product is not the same as the old. Reimaginings often contain tongue in cheek references to the original with characters and concepts of the same name, but significantly changed.

It for sure isn't a reboot, but I don't know if it is exactly a remake if they change the soul of a game (remakes that do not closely follow the original), which is gameplay (which I think they will).

By the way I agree with you in the sense that is really remake than the other two or three words. 

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
vivster said:
And so it begins. Cue, the gameplay changes. The outrage will be so delicious.

They will probably change it to Crisis's Core battle system. Fans all over the internet will praise Square for it.

I will forever hate them for that.

Gonna be interesting to see. Everything is possible. They may even go FFXV style. But either way everyone will hate it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I hope that if they keep anything, it's the battle system. But I have a feeling that'll be the first thing to go.

CladInShadows said:
I hope that if they keep anything, it's the battle system. But I have a feeling that'll be the first thing to go.

You feel that way because you already know how outdated it is. Then you ask yourself, "When was the last time SE used a traditional turnbased battle system in a mainline FF? X-2 

I'm pretty excited to see what changes they are going to implement

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Not going to lie, I'll play it either way.