By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake winter update includes official title, other details in planning

I'm guessing that means they'll announce more at PSX?

Anyways, I don't really mind if they change a few things as long as the game is great.

Around the Network

Called it, I knew it.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=204516&page=1#

Captain_Yuri said:
Welp, this is gonna take forever to come out

At least they are transparent about the announcements spacings. I mean if they were to release the game in 2025 (not happening), if there were to be 5 years without updates they would state so lol

OT : I can't wait for the next announcement ! And I'm happy they will go further than updated graphics, I'd love an updated story taking into account the "extended" universe a little more. As long as they keep ATB and spoiler(lol) still dies, it'll be a blast.

Xxain said:
CladInShadows said:
I hope that if they keep anything, it's the battle system. But I have a feeling that'll be the first thing to go.

You feel that way because you already know how outdated it is. Then you ask yourself, "When was the last time SE used a traditional turnbased battle system in a mainline FF? X-2 

Wait, what?  Are you dictating how I think now?

I feel that way because of Square Enix's recent outputs. It's like they're ashamed of their RPG roots or something.  It may surprise you to realize that some of us out there actually like turn-based battles and random encounters.

CladInShadows said:
Xxain said:

You feel that way because you already know how outdated it is. Then you ask yourself, "When was the last time SE used a traditional turnbased battle system in a mainline FF? X-2 

Wait, what?  Are you dictating how I think now?

I feel that way because of Square Enix's recent outputs. It's like they're ashamed of their RPG roots or something.  It may surprise you to realize that some of us out there actually like turn-based battles and random encounters.

Yeah i would say so...their latest rpgs arent really rpgs...I hate to say it but now if you want a decent rpg experience you have to go to elder scroll or the fallout series..

i would mention star ocean but those games have the ff feeling..but not the ff soul...