By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else hoping FFVII is "cross gen"?

Dont worry you will get remastered version for PS5

Around the Network

No, I hope it is only on PS4 and PC

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Its safe to say that we will get ff 15 and ff 7 remake , no ff 16 this gen.

I think if they get FF15 out next year (I hope they do), then there is no reason why next year they can't announce 16 and have it done pretty quickly. I've always assumed that they must be working on more than one FF game at a time, it would be silly not to and that means that there is a team working on the next FF game but they are waiting for FF15 to be released to announced and launch it.

Seems sad that gone are the days of 3 FF games per gen, now we have 1, plus spin offs you may not want.

Hmm, pie.

No, if anything, given the timed exclusivity, it'll likely be leveraged as a bundle during whatever period it releases for PS4 to help push more hardware.

And I'm ready for devs to start moving on from last gen. My PC and PS4 can take it.

cross gen is pretty much confirmed even if they started making it today which is not the case (probably) it will take another 4 years to make.

only solution is if they keep the pre rendered backgrounds which I hope is the case.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
No, if anything, given the timed exclusivity, it'll likely be leveraged as a bundle during whatever period it releases for PS4 to help push more hardware.

And I'm ready for devs to start moving on from last gen. My PC and PS4 can take it.

By cross gen I mean PS4/PS5 :)

teigaga said:
mornelithe said:

By cross gen I mean PS4/PS5 :)

Ahh, gotcha.  Not sure, kind of depends on when FFVII R launches, and when the PS5 launches.

Fusioncode said:
Square is outsourcing the game to a team outside of their company (CC2 or Level-5 probably), so I don't think we'll have to wait 3-4 years to see the game. One of the Square insiders said on GAF it's already been in development for a year. I'm expecting a holiday 2017 release to coincide with the 20th anniversary.

Is there a source for this? :)

Even with a reliable team a 3 year dev cycle seems too optimistic for me. They're not making a world/story from scratch but still... 

If its outsourced I guess that means theres still hope for FFXVI this gen too

vivster said:
I hope they will remake it for PS5.

FFVII : Remake : 4K remaster or just the remake releasing directly on ps5 ?

If it's directly on ps5 they will have to change the name /jk

bunchanumbers said:
I doubt it. If you want maxed visuals, you should hope for a PC version. It will most likely happen anyway.

I think a PC version is coming provided sony doesn't buy full exclusivity by then, but I prefer playing on consoles.