By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Report: Mexican games market to hit $1bn

FJ-Warez said:
Oh well so far Mexico kinda hates the price tag of the PS3, 360 and Wii (They are expensive) and usually only choose one console, most likely 360 or Wii (you can put a modchip)...

This problem comes from the PS2+PS era, I don't know anybody with a PS2 with "Original" games...

This will change someday, well I hope so, but the market is facing a "modchip culture"...

Yeah, the consoles here are very expensive, I see Xbox360 arcade in $5,300 and Wii in $5,400(500 and 510 dollars respectively), and where I live ALWAYS win Nintendo, I only know one person with PS2 and 6 with GC, in the current generation I know 1 with Xbox360 and 4 with Wii,

Around the Network
cwbys21 said:
ferret1603 said:
It's a UK site so it's probably a UK thing. When I was at primary school I was taught there were three American continents and Mexico was in Central America. Besides, most articles contain at least one piece of nonsense

In America we are taught that Mexico is part of Central America also, probably because it is so big and stretches so far south that it could be either but got put their for some reason that I don't care to speculate about.

Um, you should not have been.  Central America is not a continent.  It is a geographic area that contains the nations below Mexico and above South America.  Maybe you had a bad teacher (every year) or you have a bad memory? 

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

i'll go with bad memory, I would forget what day it was if it wasn't for the ctrl alt del comics

Or I had a good teacher, don't have a bad memory, and people in the UK class Mexico as Central America. Why are you always so unpleasant?

If everyone is always taught that the sky is pink then a teacher passing on that knowledge isn't a bad teacher, they're doing their job correctly - passing on the knowledge of that culture at that time. No knowledge can be deemed ultimately right or wrong because our understanding of the world is based in paradigms which shift and change over time.

mexico classifies as north America as far as i know and I'm mexican haha

Around the Network

Mexico, Canada and US are North america but they think is Central america.

I dint know they mix up Mexico location, well Panama is one thing but Mexico?.
Anyway for them is just saying America.

the North America - Central America - America - Latin America thread again lol

I learned it was North America, Central America and South America, Central America being only from Guatemala & Belice to Colombia

I knew video game market is growing here in Mexico, many people of Middle class has or had have a console with 3 to 5 games i think

And btw, here in Mty the price of Wii at launch was 4000pesos, now it is almost 5000!!, and i think that is just because of demand, and lack of laws to regulate prices.

Video games are from 400 to 750 pesos, some are cheaper, but new ones are 750, accesories are a bit xpensibe too 

nunchuck and classic controller are 349, and Wii-mote is 699, but some Nyko stuff is pretty cheap; component cables are 199, like the perfect shot thing, and the component with a charge station is 600.

1dollar = 11 pesos aprox 

Doesn't really matter, Central America is still considered North America.

I was talking of this some days ago, than mexico was the country number 4 with more xbox sold, what means between 800k and 1 million more or less and nobody gives the importance than deserves it. I think i was right.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation