By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Starfox Zero's graphics are bad

mZuzek said:
midrange said:

I played the original starfox and thought it was great. Looking at this new one hurts given how rushed it feels. The textures themselves are really hard to look at.

Yes, it was indeed being rushed.

Then it got delayed.

Good thing it was delayed. I'd rather play a finished game in good shape, rather than an incomplete game with patches and DLC on day one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Careful - I dared question if a PS4 game was a PS1 port and I got a 3 day ban!

Meh, who am I kidding - you can say anything negative here as long as it's not about a Sony console.

Seventizz said:

Careful - I dared question if a PS4 game was a PS1 port and I got a 3 day ban!

Meh, who am I kidding - you can say anything negative here as long as it's not about a Sony console.

So like...

I checked your post history of like 16 and couldn't find the referenced post. Almost as if you had made it entirely up...

The only ban you got  apparently was for alleging that this site was filled with "Sony fanboys" so much that saying "Positive things about Microsoft gets you a downvote". I mean I'm paraphrasing here, but you do realize there is no voting system here right?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

mZuzek said:
cycycychris said:
Just out of curiosity. Isn't Mario 3D world rendering 2 screens(60FPS) at once and still looks great?

No. You see, the way off-TV play works in most Wii U games (SM3DW, MK8, Smash, etc.), the gamepad shows the same display as the TV, so it's just essentially streaming the game. With Star Fox Zero, because it's two different views on each screen, it means the game is actually being rendered two times, so in terms of performance it's like running a 120 FPS game.

In no gawd damned way is it like running a 120 fps game. It's rendering "different" views, not the same view faster, it's just rendering more at stable 60 fps and the compromised resolution, textures, and models are to compensate for that. Its definetly less intense then MK8, but there is still a some growing room.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

The reply was removed.

Around the Network

The game looks like ass. It's unappealing to look at compared to other Nintendo first party games.

This game BETTER have a great local multiplayer mode to make up for its flaws.

While it is impressive to do what Wii U Panorama View has done before - but a bit more restricted and being rendered on the fly - it doesn't certainly look the part. In fact, I'd be really doubting how far the game has come along at E3. Same goes for Project GUARD and Project GIANT ROBOT. They look like they can be rolled into Starfox Zero, but I hope they aren't if they're full-fledged games.

Okay, the latter probably should be.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

It doesn't make sense that the current SF games have the worst graphics of the Nintendo lineup when you consider that the debut SF basically pioneered Nintendo into the 3D genre.

Imagine the Impossible

I'd rather they ditched the second screen for better graphics to be honest!

Of course, I wouldn't want them to sacrifice frame rate for graphical improvement. I would much rather tolerate the graphics than to be forced to watch a slide show. Given that it runs at a constant 60fps, it sounds like they had to give up antialiasing.

Imagine the Impossible