By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Starfox Zero's graphics are bad

burninmylight said:

What's physically there are other games.

Uh no, that would only be what was shown of Starfox Zero. As pointed out their track record doesn't prove anything. They never showed us the Wii build of Pikmin 3, only the Wii U version, which despite releasing over a year later the final build recieved no graphical improvements from what I could tell, and I was following the game hardcore.

I'm telling you that Torok, myself, and anyone are justified in assuming what's there is what we'll get.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

Pikmin 3 looks like a Wii game.

Understood.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Bullshit! Pikmin 3 is the best looking game graphically on the Wii U. Zombi U looks pretty good as well and there are a few others. Of course Windwaker HD is an exeption as it is a remake and a damn beautiful one at that.

a game that only got 1 year of development + a developer that don't do the best job in improve performance in their games is forced in making a game runs at 60 fps. the result is what we saw. Really wish this game get delayed in at least 8 months so we can get something beatifull

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

burninmylight said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Understood.

I can't find where he said this, (unless he edited) but yeah, Wii games aren't in 720p and don't have programmable pixel shaders.

It's last gen roots are still evident in the final build via some blocky geometry and low res textures, but the overall visuals are certainly not Wii caliber. 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
burninmylight said:

Understood.

I can't find where he said this, (unless he edited) but yeah, Wii games aren't in 720p and don't have programmable pixel shaders.

It's last gen roots are still evident in the final build via some blocky geometry and low res textures, but the overall visuals are certainly not Wii caliber. 

I didn't say it, he's just proving he's an unreasonable fool I should stop wasting my time with.

Moderated -Starcraft

curl-6 said:

Airaku said:

Bullshit! Pikmin 3 is the best looking game graphically on the Wii U. Zombi U looks pretty good as well and there are a few others. Of course Windwaker HD is an exeption as it is a remake and a damn beautiful one at that.

Einsam D never actually said that. That's just how it read to me, because he said the game "received no graphical improvements" after I said it began development as a Wii game. My point was that you can clearly see how the game began life as Wii project, with some of the textures and lighting effects, but clearly it received a graphical overhaul in the migration to Wii U. I used PIkmin 3 as an example because this upcoming Star Fox game also began development on the Wii. But E_D believes that because WE, the western consumers who have no idea what's going on behind closed doors at  Nintendo unless some VIP decides to tell us, didn't see any Wii footage or screenshots during development, then we can never make assumptions. Because if WE don't see it, we have no proof, therefore it does not exist.

But don't listen to me, I'm an "unreasonable fool" for having my own opinion and stating my reasoning over and over again.

burninmylight said:

Einsam D never actually said that. That's just how it read to me, because he said the game "received no graphical improvements" after I said it began development as a Wii game. My point was that you can clearly see how the game began life as Wii project, with some of the textures and lighting effects, but clearly it received a graphical overhaul in the migration to Wii U. I used PIkmin 3 as an example because this upcoming Star Fox game also began development on the Wii. But E_D believes that because WE, the western consumers who have no idea what's going on behind closed doors at  Nintendo unless some VIP decides to tell us, didn't see any Wii footage or screenshots during development, then we can never make assumptions. Because if WE don't see it, we have no proof, therefore it does not exist.

But don't listen to me, I'm an "unreasonable fool" for having my own opinion and stating my reasoning over and over again.

I'll agree with you in so much that there have been many Nintendo titles that saw noticeable graphical improvement from reveal to release; Metroid Prime 3 comes to mind immediately; it looked no better than Prime 2 at first, but the finished game looks much better.

curl-6 said:
burninmylight said:

I'll agree with you in so much that there have been many Nintendo titles that saw noticeable graphical improvement from reveal to release; Metroid Prime 3 comes to mind immediately; it looked no better than Prime 2 at first, but the finished game looks much better.

I'm not pretending like SFZ is suddenly going to look like Uncharted 4 by the time it releases. My point the entire time is that I don't believe the footage we saw in the Digital Event, namely Corneria, is what the final game will look like. I believe that portion of the trailer may have been footage from a year ago that we didn't get to see. I refuse to believe Nintendo would publish a game that has such drastic contrasts in production levels as the Corneria stage compared to some of the other levels we saw.

burninmylight said:
curl-6 said:
burninmylight said:

I'm not pretending like SFZ is suddenly going to look like Uncharted 4 by the time it releases. My point the entire time is that I don't believe the footage we saw in the Digital Event, namely Corneria, is what the final game will look like. I believe that portion of the trailer may have been footage from a year ago that we didn't get to see. I refuse to believe Nintendo would publish a game that has such drastic contrasts in production levels as the Corneria stage compared to some of the other levels we saw.

Yeah, it would be unlike Nintendo to release a game with that level of graphical inconsistency.