By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the best generation for Games (POLL)

Garcian Smith said: Anyone who says anything other than 6th or 7th is succumbing to nostalgia. For once, I agree entirely xD ^ I agree. 5th gen is also acceptable. (ps1 and n64)

Around the Network

also mario kart wii, animal crossing wii and wii music

Garcian Smith said:
Anyone who says anything other than 6th or 7th is succumbing to nostalgia.

And Citizen Kane sucked because it was in black & white. (sarcasim)

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
kenzomatic said:
Garcian Smith said:

And Citizen Kane sucked because it was in black & white. (sarcasim)

Citizen Kane wasn't limited to 2D sprites rendered in 320x240 and faux-orchestral MIDI music for a soundtrack.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

4th and 5th (SNES and N64 era)

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:

Hell no, you can´t say one generation is better just because it´s newer and more advanced... do you think we are better than our parents just because we have Ipods and interwebs ??? IMHO the Snes era did most for gaming, the different directions gaming went at that time was just incredible... the other generations are great but they would be nothing without the advances the Snes made...

I think this gen is the most signifcant for me simply because game's are achieving a level of realism and fluidity never before possible.

Million said:
I think this gen is the most signifcant for me simply because game's are achieving a level of realism and fluidity never before possible.

In that case the next generation will always be the best...

El Duderino said:
Garcian Smith said:

Hell no, you can´t say one generation is better just because it´s newer and more advanced... do you think we are better than our parents just because we have Ipods and interwebs ??? IMHO the Snes era did most for gaming, the different directions gaming went at that time was just incredible... the other generations are great but they would be nothing without the advances the Snes made...

You're confusing "most influential/revolutionary" with "best." Yeah, there were a lot of highly influential games made during the SNES era, but you also can't deny that the games that built upon those concepts in later generations are all-around better games.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

El Duderino said:
Million said:

In that case the next generation will always be the best...

Yep. Unless we see another gaming crash, the next generation will always be better. Games are always looking better, playing better, and sounding better.

-Sean Malstrom