By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the best generation for Games (POLL)

What do you think was the best generation for Games?

The poll has expired and these where the results

2nd (atari 2600).....8%
3rd (NES)..............11%
4th (SNES)...........40%
5th (PS1)..............10%
6th (PS2)..............15%
7th (Wii)................16%

A little over 100 people voted and the result are from this site.

Please also post.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

7th - current

4th without a doubt

Current Generation. Could you please change 7'th gen so it doesn't just say Wii >_>;

The technology we have is just fantastic, colors are so vibrant, framerates are friggin awesome, polygon counts are obscene and story telling is very quickly approaching what we can experience in movies. :) It's a damn amazing generation for gaming and it's only getting better ^^

[edit] And with things like XBLA, Wiiware, and PSN, the ability to download creative small projects is a GREAT feature. Both big time company's and the small guys have they're piece of the pie and it's definitely reflecting through game quality ^^ 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
Current Generation. Could you please change 7'th gen so it doesn't just say Wii >_>;

The technology we have is just fantastic, colors are so vibrant, framerates are friggin awesome, polygon counts are obscene and story telling is very quickly approaching what we can experience in movies. :) It's a damn amazing generation for gaming and it's only getting better ^^

But the Wii IS this generation, live with it... just kidding but to be honest I do think in a few generations from now this generation will mostly be remembered for the big comeback Nintendo is celebrating.

Around the Network

Anyone who says anything other than 6th or 7th is succumbing to nostalgia.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

El Duderino said:
ChronotriggerJM said:

But the Wii IS this generation, live with it... just kidding but to be honest I do think in a few generations from now this generation will mostly be remembered for the big comeback Nintendo is celebrating.

lol true, but I don't embrace this generation for what Nintendo is doing >_>; in fact I could care less about what they're doing atm xD I'm far more impressed with the console hardware and it's intergration with online components and high def technology :P

Garcian Smith said:
Anyone who says anything other than 6th or 7th is succumbing to nostalgia.

For once, I agree entirely xD

ChronotriggerJM said:

[edit] And with things like XBLA, Wiiware, and PSN, the ability to download creative small projects is a GREAT feature. Both big time company's and the small guys have they're piece of the pie and it's definitely reflecting through game quality ^^ 

I put in () the console leader for that generation so people would know which era. And I said games not consoles.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

7th, jyst cause of Smash Bros and Galaxy