By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most promising new IP at this years E3?

Best new IP?

ReCore 25 9.84%

Sea of Thieves 8 3.15%

Unravel 4 1.57%

For Honor 9 3.54%

Horizon 199 78.35%

Dreams 9 3.54%

Total:254
HoloDust said:
So far I'm not too excited for any new IP on E3 - I was hoping Horizon would do something for me (though I was skeptical about GG making RPG from the start), but considering constant yapping of main protagonist and fact that I find dino robots as exciting as mecha rodents, all the excitement went back to zero very fast.

Not counting NMS and TLG, since they were not revealed on this E3, I'd go with Cupheads or Unravel.

I see what you did there.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Horizon, the cavemen vs robots plot takes me back to a personal favorite: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

I can't be objective honestly.

Well that poll is kinda onesided :D

Horizon. It looks so amazing!

Horizon... by alot.

Around the Network

Have to go with Horizon. The shown gameplay was just gorgeous and this whole setting already got me with those leaked conecpt art back then. Seeing this in motion was just awesome. Already in love xD

(Z->)90°-(E-N²W)90°t=1

Horizon... No other game comes close.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

DerNebel said:
HoloDust said:
So far I'm not too excited for any new IP on E3 - I was hoping Horizon would do something for me (though I was skeptical about GG making RPG from the start), but considering constant yapping of main protagonist and fact that I find dino robots as exciting as mecha rodents, all the excitement went back to zero very fast.

Not counting NMS and TLG, since they were not revealed on this E3, I'd go with Cupheads or Unravel.

Well I think the yapping is something that can easily be fixed until release I'd say, for me personally this was also the highlight of E3 for now.

Honestly, I doubt it - first time I saw TR Reboot trailer I thought 'this can't be how final game would launch' with constant moaning, yet it did. Somehow, this reminded me of that, for all the bad reasons, including not very good voice actress. But don't mind me, my check list for RPGs, specially of open-world kind, is, and for very long time was, very different from where the industry is heading.

EDIT: As for highlight - IMO, 3rd party titles have killed anything that 1st parties have shown this year.

Ok after Nintendo and SE, it seems that I won't have to add anything to the new IP list. I'm not gonna add Project Setsuna

As has already been said by many others, I have to go with Horizon.  ReCore looks very promising but there was no game-play.

Mummelmann said:
Anyone noticing a trend of more stylistic visuals rather than the chase for absolute realism of the past few years? Look at Horizon, ReCore, For Honor, No Man's Sky, Dishonored 2 (same as the first), even Battlefront, Sea of Thieves, a lot of upcoming big budget titles are sporting this style. I'm not complaining; I love it.

It's a fantastic trend.  I'm a big fan of stylized art-styles, which I guess is why I watch more animation than live action.

I think Borderlands deserves a lot of credit.  We'll never know how it would have performed with the original, realistic look but I very much doubt it would have brought in better results.  They went with a different style and it sold millions.  It clearly was not hurt at all for not having a realistic aesthetic.

On the other hand, Insomniac went in the other direction and ... now I can't even remember the name of that game.