By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF VII Remake : It could only be on PS4 and PC, situation similar to SF V

Platina said:
Seems like it will only be for PS4 and PC, though I wonder why they would state it is a time exclusive... probably because it will come to XOne later

Well, they said that No Man's Sky is a timed exclusive. It's only for the ps4 and pc. It could be either way, honestly.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
sc94597 said:

I'm not following what you are trying to say here? In which way would it be the worse version? 

Re-reading, I thought he was referring to the PS3 version.

My statement was more of a general thought rather than a statement targeted specifically for him. As I know people who are happy to get Persona 5 on PS3 but spend time pulling masterrace cards.

I personally game on PC for more than graphics, but visuals (and performance) is a part of why I choose PC for multiplatform games over PS4/XBO. I think the difference here is whether or not it is worth spending $400 for one game to be 1080p on PS4 vs. 720p on PS3 (if you already own a PS3) with very few other differences (although we can't say that yet, I think it is a safe assumption) versus  being able to play all multiplats at better graphics fidelity, image quality,  and performance for a smaller price difference (somewhere between $100 - 350 depending on how much of a difference you want.) 

What I like most about PC gaming is that I have control of how my games run. If I want to run a game at 60 fps with uglier visuals I can choose as such, or if I want to run a game at 30 fps with nicer visuals I can also do that. If I want to play with a mouse and keyboard or a controller I can do that. If I want to mod the game, or try to fix bugs/glitches myself using tweaks from the community I can also do that. It allows you freedom while taking away some convenience of not worrying about it. 

I do think it is entirely possible that the obligations of Sony's deal with Square-Enix haven't been fully worked out, and won't be fully worked out until both companies get a better view of the business landscape by the time the remake is nearing completion. I just can't see this game coming out any earlier than late 2017, and even then, 2018 seems more likely to me.

With Rise of the Tomb Raider, it was quite clear that there was some form of partnership with Microsoft when the game was first revealed, but it wasn't until later that Microsoft announced that there would be timed exclusivity for the game. So it seems these contractual deals can be somewhat fluid, especially considering the massive amount of time it will take for this game to be made.

I am sure the deal will ultimately be more favorable to Sony if, in two years, it becomes apparent that Playstation is clearly the dominant brand or if Sony actively decides to consider Steam its competition. If PC gaming starts to explode, or the PS4 sales start to REALLY slow down, or if the NX is selling Wii-like numbers and every company needs to get in on the action, then I'm sure that the deal will be less favorable to Sony.

This game is coming out close to the end of this generation. By that time in the PS2 generation, former multi-platform third party game developers only cared about the PS2. As such, I'm pretty sure the full details regarding the exclusivity of this game are a wait-and-see scenario.

sc94597 said:
outlawauron said:

Re-reading, I thought he was referring to the PS3 version.

My statement was more of a general thought rather than a statement targeted specifically for him. As I know people who are happy to get Persona 5 on PS3 but spend time pulling masterrace cards.

I personally game on PC for more than graphics, but visuals (and performance) is a part of why I choose PC for multiplatform games over PS4/XBO. I think the difference here is whether or not it is worth spending $400 for one game to be 1080p on PS4 vs. 720p on PS3 (if you already own a PS3) with very few other differences (although we can't say that yet, I think it is a safe assumption) versus  being able to play all multiplats at better graphics fidelity, image quality,  and performance for a smaller price difference (somewhere between $100 - 350 depending on how much of a difference you want.) 

What I like most about PC gaming is that I have control of how my games run. If I want to run a game at 60 fps with uglier visuals I can choose as such, or if I want to run a game at 30 fps with nicer visuals I can also do that. If I want to play with a mouse and keyboard or a controller I can do that. If I want to mod the game, or try to fix bugs/glitches myself using tweaks from the community I can also do that. It allows you freedom while taking away some convenience of not worrying about it. 

In my case, I am not even seeking top notch performance on PC. I just want a capable one that will play most games without headaches. As my PC is not only for gaming purposes, if I can avoid to spend another 400$ to play RPGs (more or less the only games I am interested in on PS4) I will not complain. I only buy consoles when the list of exclusives that interest me is good enough which lead me to buy Nintendo all the time and Sony from time to time.

patronmacabre said:

I do think it is entirely possible that the obligations of Sony's deal with Square-Enix haven't been fully worked out, and won't be fully worked out until both companies get a better view of the business landscape by the time the remake is nearing completion. I just can't see this game coming out any earlier than late 2017, and even then, 2018 seems more likely to me.

With Rise of the Tomb Raider, it was quite clear that there was some form of partnership with Microsoft when the game was first revealed, but it wasn't until later that Microsoft announced that there would be timed exclusivity for the game. So it seems these contractual deals can be somewhat fluid, especially considering the massive amount of time it will take for this game to be made.

I am sure the deal will ultimately be more favorable to Sony if, in two years, it becomes apparent that Playstation is clearly the dominant brand or if Sony actively decides to consider Steam its competition. If PC gaming starts to explode, or the PS4 sales start to REALLY slow down, or if the NX is selling Wii-like numbers and every company needs to get in on the action, then I'm sure that the deal will be less favorable to Sony.

This game is coming out close to the end of this generation. By that time in the PS2 generation, former multi-platform third party game developers only cared about the PS2. As such, I'm pretty sure the full details regarding the exclusivity of this game are a wait-and-see scenario.

It could be that

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Ruler said:
maybe depends on sales on xbox one like ff0 or 15

Your thoughts are linked with mine