By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 will now easily outsell PS3 in Japan

Shouldn't we wait for release dates?

But yes I agree PS4 Japanese support will turn out superior. Many devs are still afraid of making their exclusive, FFXV needs to harry up already.

Around the Network

I'm curious to see what this E3 will do for next week numbers

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Aerys said:
IAmCrimsonLegion said:
Unless PS4 has Dragon Quest XI, I don't see it happening.

So that's happening

How do you know?

Zuhyc said:
Aerys said:

So that's happening

How do you know?

In your heart, you know too

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Too many variables to say.

How long will PS4 be on the market? What price points will it be at along the way? I think it will easily be the best selling system in Japan of this generation, but I also see the sad continuing decline of game sales in Japan.

Around the Network

It's extremely hard.

PS3 sold a good amount of units, also because it had a long lifetime.
It looks like PS4 can't have good sales and I don't think some JRPGs, as big as they are, can turn the situation around.

I would say no.

Aerys said:

PS3 hadnt FFXV+ FF VII Remake + KH 3 at the same time, with this impossible it doesnt outsell PS3

I'm never sure if you actually believe what you write or just trolling.

A few hints for you: japan doesn't like remakes, home consoles had a decline this gen, final fantasy only has a fraction of it's original brand power, ps4's sales already being the low...

BraLoD said:
Well, it'll be hard, I think it'll go around the 10M level though, but the PS3 is already 11M right?

Now, after MGS5 it'll start a nice rise again, if Sony time they play right it can really grow as much as I expect it to.

Nope.

I see it ending at around 8-9 million. I'm not too sure it can get to 12 million, sadly. I just hope it keeps selling well there so we get more Japanese games on PS4.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

AnthonyW86 said:
I predicted this since launch and was starting to doubt a little lately, but with the recent announcements i'm certain again. PS4 will easily outsell PS3 and will probably end up in the middle between it and PS2 at around 15 million in Japan.

lololol, thank you for this gold.