By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GamesMaya report:Splatoon is spreading rapidly,no stock left,some people are getting wii u firstly and will buy the game later!Main users are 20 years old!Being fun is the reason of buying!(JAPAN)

Does this prove that Japanese gamers will buy a shooter as long as it doesn't really look like a shooter? I mean it's weird right? All you ever hear is that shooters are like dead in Japan, but then Splatoon blows up. Must be something to do with the look of the game and the fact that the goal isn't really to shoot your opponents.

Around the Network

Sounds like a disease. Ink is spreading quickly.

SJReiter said:
Does this prove that Japanese gamers will buy a shooter as long as it doesn't really look like a shooter? I mean it's weird right? All you ever hear is that shooters are like dead in Japan, but then Splatoon blows up. Must be something to do with the look of the game and the fact that the goal isn't really to shoot your opponents.

Well, to be fair, BO2 sold 500k on PS3 in Japan. So it's not really a matter of shooters being "dead" in Japan, it's just that relative to the rest of the world, they don't sell as well.

This is apparently the opposite with Splatoon.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Great to see Splatoon doing so well!!!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

SJReiter said:

It proves people buy good games. and I hate when people describe splatoon as just a shooter. it's a game that mixes elements of territory conquest with third person action and shooting.

Around the Network

After 3 years Japaneses found the Wii U :D

It is good for Nintendo...

Splatoon beasting. :D

Ryng_Tolu said:

However,I consider more important that:There's no stock left for the game,so some people are just buying Wii U hardware, and later they'll buy the game!:P ;) ;) ;) ;)

Still moves wii u hardware in a great extend?

It's official, Splatoon is the MERS of Japan. I fear for their safety.

tak13 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

However,I consider more important that:There's no stock left for the game,so some people are just buying Wii U hardware, and later they'll buy the game!:P ;) ;) ;) ;)

Still moves wii u hardware in a great extend?

Of course xD i doubt WU will be at +20k next week, but i think can sell over 10k for a loooooooooong time by now. xD