By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Discussion Thread

HOLY S*IT!!!!!!!!!!!! 145 72.14%

NO, NO!!! ITS NOT TRUE, P... 10 4.98%

YES, YES!!!!!!!! 45 22.39%

Total:200

Wow, great feature! I still have my 360 hooked up, but I'd rather just play everything on my X1 if I can. Plus the extra usable X1 only features (screenshot, etc.) are a nice bonus. Looking forward to trying it out. 

I may pick up another X1 as well for my gf. She is still playing games on her 360 and the lack of BC was one thing that kept her from wanting to get an X1 and having 2 consoles hooked up. This would also give me an excuse to pick up a special edition version (Halo 5?) if they release it as I could give her my regular black one.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

Wow, that was unexpected. This is the first legitimate announcement that could actually threaten the PS4 position on western markets. Tip of the for you Microsoft. This is competition at its finest. I wonder how Sony will react to this.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Anfebious said:

It's kinda sad when the biggest megaton in a videogame conference is a console feature that should have been available since the start. But anyway, congratulations Microsoft! You just won E3!

I know right? But hey they loved it so that's great. I wouldn't say they won e3 because of that though, e3 is just getting started. I hear a few more megatons from the other conferences(much bigger than this) is yet to come.

sc94597 said:
Nogamez said:
I don't get the hype? You can buy a 360 For like 20 bucks these days so if you were that desperate to play em why didn't you pick up a cheap 360?

Because of clutter? I'm sure this benefits the people who already own a 360 or had owned a 360 the most. I personally don't have my 360 anymore, but I have games like The Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia that I would like to play again. 

you can rebuy an xbox360 if you don't have an xb1

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

sc94597 said:

I hope it forces Sony to work on PS4 backwards compatibility eventually. I would buy a PS4 much sooner then. 

Do you think it could happen given the difference in architecture between PS3 and PS4? 360 and One have similar arcitecture.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Wonder if it will cut down the amount of remasters.

lol

ifthey still bring remasters,it will be stupid

This is great, sold my 360 a while back which I regret...this might make me buy an Xbox one over a ps4
Now let's see who has better upcoming games

that is a big move.

Kowan said:
Anfebious said:

It's kinda sad when the biggest megaton in a videogame conference is a console feature that should have been available since the start. But anyway, congratulations Microsoft! You just won E3!

I know right? But hey they loved it so that's great. I wouldn't say they won e3 because of that though, e3 is just getting started. I hear a few more megatons from the other conferences(much bigger than this) is yet to come.

It's big becasue so many wanted it. Including myself. And true, a console feature that should have been available from the get, and they did it they way gamers wanted it- free. Sony went with PSnow.

small44 said:
sc94597 said:
Nogamez said:
I don't get the hype? You can buy a 360 For like 20 bucks these days so if you were that desperate to play em why didn't you pick up a cheap 360?

Because of clutter? I'm sure this benefits the people who already own a 360 or had owned a 360 the most. I personally don't have my 360 anymore, but I have games like The Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia that I would like to play again. 

you can rebuy an xbox360 if you don't have an xb1

I am a traveling college student. Any next-gen console I buy that has backwards compatibility either has an aditional library of games that I can enjoy or prevents me from having to carry another 7th generation console around. Backwards compatibility is an advantage either way.