By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yu Suzuki, Producer/Director of Shenmue 1 & 2, is at E3

Ronster316 said:

Yu Suzuki + Forklift = AWESOME.

Yu Suzuki and that traitor Mark Cerny= BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

why traitor?

Around the Network
poklane said:
Qermity said:

God forbid TLG and any kind of "shenmue"  annoucement be in the same conference. The internet would not handle it.

Lets throw Agent in there as well! Could you imagine Sony opening with Shenmue 3 + Shenmue 1 & 2 ports, having Agent somewhere in the middle and closing with TLG? R.I.P Internet.

Congratulations dude. You just ruined my chance of not getting overhyped. Now this E3 will be yet another let down for me XD

Why is Shenmue so good? I'm genuinely asking, I might try the first game.

plip.plop said:
I still have my Dreamcast, and copy of Shenmue. I never played the second one, but I am surprised how many people want this game. I'm pretty sure majority of people have never played this, and are just listening to other people's recollections on gaming sites speak about this game. I enjoyed it when I played it the first time, but games today are really much better. It was groundbreaking for it's time like most of SEGA's products, and games back then, but now will just be lost in the mix.

It's initial sales will be good, especially in Japan. but after the hardcore buy it in all regions, sales will fall off a cliff.

I'd rather have a sequel to Valkyira Chronicles, yes I know there was a version that released on the PSP, but an new sequel.

It's very much a product of it's time. Ground breaking in many ways, but also ultimately pointless in others. I loved it when it first came out. But I really don't see how they could put the game out now with any success.

Critically a game like that would be panned now for being to slow, boring and limited.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar0KojxIvmQ

This is all I have to say

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

It was one of the first games that allowed you to go anywhere, where you could miss time specific events by being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Also 3D was still new, and this was a big world to explore. If you had money in the game you could go to a gumball machine filled with trinkets and buy them. It tried to create a virtual world where you would do more than just run around, and beat up a group of people over and over like most games during this time of gaming.

Games since have done this, and like I said, now are much better. Shenmue was a crown jewel to a system that died a premature death. Dreamcast is still a system that is still talked about on the webs, so it makes sense that it's most revolutionary game is still talked about too. Personally, when I had a dreamcast Crazy Taxi, Sword of the Beserk, and PSO were my favorite to play. and any sports games when someone was around.

Ronster316 said:

Yu Suzuki + Forklift = AWESOME.

Yu Suzuki and that traitor Mark Cerny= BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

How is he a traitor... 

Wait... It's you. I'm not sure I want to know.

Isn't Cerny supposed to be working on TLG?

side note, why does every picture of Cerny look like he doesn't wash his hair. That man is possibly 2 skipped showers from getting dreadlocks.

Heavenly_King said:

why traitor?

Hynad said:

How is he a traitor... 

Wait... It's you. I'm not sure I want to know.

My assumption would be that he used to develop games for SEGA consoles until PlayStation came along, and now he's one of the big wigs at Sony.

http://www.jeuxactu.com/e3-2015-sony...-ps4-99098.htm

"Shenmue 3 is one of the biggest sea snakes in the history of video games, the Arles par excellence. It is now almost fifteen years that fans await a sequel to the first two games developed by SEGA Dreamcast, then the first Xbox name. Today, talking about Shenmue 3 returns to talk about Half-Life 3: something completely hopeless, that makes millions of gamers drooling but that will never happen. And yet. According to our information, Shenmue 3 is indeed a reality. The game will be presented at E3 2015: this will be exclusive to the PS4, with Yu Suzuki in charge!"

The PS5 Exists.